1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS NEW *rumor*

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Logan8054, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

The oldblood on carnosaur has multiple bodies as well, the only part you need for both the mounted and unmounted variant is his back. And the amount of greenstuff you need to fix up something for that is limited, especially if you do something halfway clever like making it walk out of a portal or place it against a wall. Could also be the case here.

Take away the fancy jade headstone, the skink attendant, the fancy headdress & scepters and you already have it toned down significantly. Especially if there's also an alternative to the floating stonework, though that can probably stay even for the regular slann as it's just random bits of stone.

There's also Kairos, the named lumineth cow, the named lumineth fox, rotigus, Skarbrand, Shalaxi Helbane. All center pieces who share their kit with the unnamed variant.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
  2. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

damn warhammer community really knows how to channel the hype. Hopefully Kroak will smack some daemons in the new book

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  3. neveroddoreven
    Temple Guard

neveroddoreven Well-Known Member

Kroak looks great. Somehow subtler than I imagined in a weird way, I live in fear of wild gesticulation in a Slann redesign.

I have a question for the Age Of Sigmar loremasters here, because I'm out of the loop. The last I remember of Kroak was his remains being torn apart by Skaven in the end times. Is it ever explained how he was recovered? Is this a ret-con? Deliberately mysterious?

Lizerd likes this.
  4. ArtoriusaurusRex
    Temple Guard

ArtoriusaurusRex Well-Known Member

I believe Kroak was consumed by the fires as the moon impacted Lustria, and he shielded the rest of the planet.

Not sure what happened after that, but it wouldn't be the first time Kroak just hung out as a disembodied consciousness, I think?

Lizerd likes this.
  5. Tyranitar
    Terradon

Tyranitar Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about the lore, but I can't wait to see what you do with the model. Your work is always jaw dropping!

Lizerd likes this.
  6. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

it was ret-coned he is fine just still dead

7. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

Just think of it as he summoned a new body for himself.

Lizerd likes this.
  8. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

Blackjack and Hookers 13042021235756.jpg

9. Cristhian MLR
    Terradon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

Greetings, brethren from this side of our most sacret City-Temple-Forum! Given the latest news on our Lord Kroak's newst form, and in a little self promotion of the General Hobby/Tabletop Chat district of Lustria-Online, this are the findings I have found while diving on the murky waters of that dubious well know as "IVChan" regarding of the events on the upcoming Broken Realms: Be'lakor (and prices in Euros):

• >ATRA'ZAN'S BLAZING CAVALCADE // 65€
      >DRONGON'S AETHER-RUNNERS // 65€
      >THE CELESTIAL STAMPEDE // 105€
      >THE SORROWMOURN CHOIR // 70€
      >NIGHTHAUNT KRULGHAST CRUCIATOR // 30€
      >STORMCAST ETERNALS: GARDUS STEEL SOUL // 30€
      >BE'LAKOR THE DARK MASTER // 110€
    • >Old Ones are back
      >They were in the realms before everybody else
      >Lord Kroak is the head of the Seraphon
      >Be'lacuck champions Chaos Undivided as the one true way and has the True Names of many Greater Daemons and is the 2nd most powerful army in the realms outside of Archaon

10. Togetic
    Temple Guard

Togetic Well-Known Member

That 4chan synopsis is very weird given the last part about his daemon army is just something explained in this month’s white dwarf (that a lot of people have access to already) and straight up in those terms and laid out the same way, combined with stuff that doesn’t seem to be true (at least currently) or align with previous lore at all and could be easily misread out of that white dwarf article.

Given the prices have been previously leaked separately as well, I’d take that with a grain of salt

Tyranitar and Lizerd like this.
  11. NecridHydra
    Temple Guard

NecridHydra Well-Known Member

I don't know any other kit where you can do this. You could use the Skink Priest from EotG as a regular Priest but there was no base for it when I bought him, meaning it was not intended.

We take away those fancy headstones. Done. Wouldn't be some blank spots around here? It seems like the stones are connected to the throne somehow and there seems to be no alternative to it. The stones holds each others and the jungle vines. If you look closely, the throne misses the plastic shit that make them "fly" like Terradons or currently as it's supported by the middle vine. Like the Alarith Stonemage, he's supported by some vines, that grow up and holds the stones. Look at the right and left vines.

Yep, I know, that's why I named Gods-like characters. Archaon, Nagash, Katakross (not a God but still a Centerpiece), Teclis... they are the most iconic centerpiece of the army they are from and don't have a counterpart. Although Kroak is not a God and have a counterpart as a Keeper of Secrets does, I still don't think the box is double. Also, he's our only named character.

12. sigmonstar
    Saurus

sigmonstar Active Member

Hmm. Maybe GW will start giving new models to other old-world heroes.

Imrahil likes this.
  13. Skained
    Chameleon Skink

Skained Well-Known Member

uhmm we have now the forbidden power spell bound
    [​IMG]

14. ninjakeso
    Saurus

ninjakeso Member

Also saw that, that looks odd. Maybe they wanna sell some old stuff? But I think it might be a hint that Kroak will go straight into Shyish and wreak havoc. Maybe connected to what Morathi says in the teaser video: "That which we cannot kill, we must redirect."

15. Xuil
    Chameleon Skink

Xuil Well-Known Member

Ok, they’re really doubling down on not giving us bespoke endless spells.

Given how lacklustre these all are, unless they come with a rules change, those pages can probably just be ignored...

Here’s hoping Kroak can cast any Order endless spell to make up for it.;)

Imrahil and Skained like this.
  16. NecridHydra
    Temple Guard

It may be true, I dont know the source, but shouldn't Kroak appear somewhere or is he releasing after this broken realms??

Imrahil likes this.
  17. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Perhaps he is in his own book, next? :angelic:

Grrr, Imrahil

Tyranitar likes this.
  18. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

I don't know why we get bound bridge it's not predatory the enemy can't control it

19. erians
    Razordon

erians Active Member

To avoid it getting dispelled with our lore spell I guess? Bound endless spells are weirdly balanced overall.

Carnikang and Tyranitar like this.
  20. NecridHydra
    Temple Guard

Same as other spells like Maelstorm or Pallisade. At least, Bound Cogs is a bit different.