1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS NEW *rumor*

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Logan8054, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Tombomb7
    Cold One

Tombomb7 Well-Known Member

I think they're just doing them to keep hype, generate cheap content whilst showing us the new rules for 3.0 which could useful in each army discussed. Basic for sure, no in-depth analysis. I come here for that :D

Killer Angel likes this.
  2. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Very good, what he said.

I was referring to the fact that you, me and @Lizards of Renown are still working on our literary masterpieces, while @Christopher is not only married to a bestselling author but also it seems is a best-selling author himself.

Lizards of Renown likes this.
  3. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Well Christopher broke the record for fastest poem entry!

We'll see how many votes he gets. Note to any anyone who is not familiar with my contests, I randomize the presentation order of all my contests. Just because Christopher sent me the first three poems does not mean that he will be the first three poems presented.

Yes I am nursing a dream to write my own fantasy novel(s) but I have come to a conclusion.

There are people who write novels and there are people who talk about writing novels. At a certain point, the more I talk about the writing, the less writing I will actually do.

I have a severe case of world builder's disease. My fantasy world of Scarterra has about 300,000 words of fluff (more words than Rowling's thickest Harry Potter book), my RPG system has about 80,000 words of crunch and my quote/unquote "novel" has about 300 words.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  4. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Well, the fantasy world is pretty darn impressive. So there's at least that.

5. Womboski
    Temple Guard

Womboski Well-Known Member

I love the forgotten realms! R.A Salvatore Drizzt Do'urdin series finally got me into reading! Glad to hear we have a writer who players Seraphon. I expect you have some ideas for a Seraphon novel if not I think I can safely say that all of us would love a fellow Lustria online member to be spear heading it!

6. Womboski
    Temple Guard

Womboski Well-Known Member

ChapterAquila92 and Just A Skink like this.
  7. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

wizards name isn't jack but it's always posable he went insane forgot everything there is to know about seraphon and changed his name

8. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

The chance of that happening is low, but never zero. :D

9. Christopher
    Terradon

Christopher Well-Known Member

I've seen some talk on the TGA site about "dragon" models that folks there are positing might land in any of various factions, including Seraphon. The reason given for this is--forgive me, I'm weak on lore, especially pre-AoS lore--that somebody or other "entrusted Kroak with the last eggs" of some kind of dragon people? Does any of this make sense?

Oh, also, I believe the preview of Warhammer Plus goes live at 6 pm BST, which I think is roughly an hour from the time I"m typing this in Kentucky, USA.

10. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

In the recent stuff with Kragnos it was revealed that Kroak saved the dragons from annihilation by imprisoning Kragnos. Also, the seraphon hang out with Dracothian in his own realm, so that helps.

There's a couple of links like that. But so far all dracoths, which would be the descendends of those dragons, have gone to the SCE I guess.

ChapterAquila92 likes this.
  11. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

That was mazdamundi. And the egg of quando hasn't been mentioned outside of that one description

12. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

I don't think this is the case. The egg of Quango has nothing to do with dragons... per the Lore, it is the egg of the last Quango.

13. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

Oh this is a broken realms discussion my bad

14. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Bringing up the 8th Edition is never wrong, my Lustri-friend :D

15. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

16. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Well.. that's considerably better than I expected. Didn't expect the free model, access to the paid apps or the vault of old white dwarf stuff. Didn't actually expect them to link it to other things like this. Makes it a lot better than just "netflix, but with only warhammer shows and there's only like 5 total"

Though I must say it now kinda suprises me they don't offer a white dwarf + warhammer+ combined subscription. That would probably have sold some extra subscriptions. On that note, make white dwarf give a free model per year as well :p

17. Christopher
    Terradon

I'm slightly worried about the future of the AoS app and the Citadel Colour app. Everyone keeps talking about how the 40K app isn't very good (no version optimized for tablets, for example, or at least not for the brand of tablet I use). I love those two apps on my iPad Pro and if they get worse for some reason, that will be sad. And what's this I'm hearing about no digital versions of future Battletomes for AoS 3.0?

Carnikang likes this.
  18. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

It's probably an assumption based on how current 9th ed codexes work.

19. Christopher
    Terradon

Can you clear that up for me a little? I kind of got the impression that buying a physical codex unlocked SOMETHING in the 40K app. It's not the full text? Looks like Warhammer+ gets you every datascroll/warscroll in the game, so that's one thing. What gets unlocked in addition to those then? The 40K version of Warscroll Battalions?? Artefacts? Etc?

20. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Well, I am not likely to get on to this but Damn I am in love with that Ironjawz Megaboss(?)!

Z02TNSKgXUnrOtR8.jpg

Hope to score that secondhand sometime...

Grrr, Imrahil