1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS NEW *rumor*

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Logan8054, Jan 28, 2019.

1. forlustria
    Ripperdactil

forlustria Well-Known Member

Khorne did need an update. Have you seen all their faqs. However we also need one as alot of our scrolls have changes

2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Oh, it sure is nice that Khorne gets an update.
    Similar to our army almost every warscroll they have has changed.
    But then there are armies that haven't had a book at all since AoS was released.
    IMO those should have priority over a third book for some faction.

LizardWizard likes this.
  3. Vroomer
    Skink

Vroomer New Member

In the end, it’s what makes the most money now, this quarter, for GW & the share holders.

LizardWizard and Aginor like this.
  4. Logan8054
    Cold One

Logan8054 Well-Known Member

Ok im gonna assume original rumor is accurate after las vegas open announcements. Khorne got battletome new models and spells, they announced basically all armies getting new tomes even some classic armies. Not much of a stretch to expect endless spells and few new and/or models and terrain.

LizardWizard and Vroomer like this.
  5. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

I think it's more of the timeline that's in question than anything else.

LizardWizard and Vroomer like this.
  6. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

Long Live Bretonnia! Long Live Bretonnia!! Long Live Bretonnia!!! Long Live Bretonnia!!!!

7. GreenyRepublic
    Temple Guard

GreenyRepublic Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

:p:joyful: :hilarious::smuggrin:

Is that a legal composition in any edition..?..:bookworm:

LizardWizard likes this.
  9. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

AoS open play, there's no limitations so sure go ahead :p

LizardWizard likes this.
  10. Vroomer
    Skink

Vroomer New Member

Reported for Hersey and deamonic cult like behaviors.

Slikus Vaw and nomis like this.
  11. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

reported for reporting my carnosaur's tasty snacks to the FDA....Fantasy's Dead Armies

12. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Seriously? There are quite a few other factions that needed an update more than Khorne:
    Ironjawz meme.jpg

LizardWizard and Captaniser like this.
  13. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Reported for dissing the best human faction represented by miniatures in Warhammer by a long shot :D

pendrake likes this.
  14. PabloTho
    Razordon

PabloTho Well-Known Member

Ironjawz need more than a book IMO. Their range of models is far too small and one-dimensional.

15. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

I do agree with that, and it is likely that when GW do update them, they may well release some new models for them as they are one of the factions that was specifically created when AoS came into being, as opposed to Flesh Eater Courts who are just made up of the existing Ghoul kits from Vampire Counts. I was just countering some posts above that said Khorne ‘did need’ an update. Certainly they didn’t need one straightaway, and there are quite a few far more interesting armies out there that deserved to get an update before them, ie. Seraphon, Fyreslayers, Ironjawz, Bonesplitterz e.t.c. I just hope that each of these armies will definitely get a tome sometime, and that it is a matter of ‘when’ rather than ‘if’.

PabloTho and Canas like this.
  16. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

I have a buddy who plays Ironjawz, and he was JUST complaining about how his army feels a little left out. But, the Las Vegas Open mentions new books for each faction and some new armies. GW does seem to be putting out Battletomes pretty quickly in 2019, so who knows?

Going back to Seraphon:
    After thinking a little about how AoS is evolving, and the recent Dying Star story, I think it's possible that GW could take away the slann all together. Who is to say that the "death" of the slann isn't happening on every temple-ship? That would leave Seraphon with skinks for magic and ranged combat, and with saurus, kroxigors and dinos for melee (unless GW adds more options). Maybe a slann could be brought in as a named hero option, like Kroak?

Or I could see GW leaving Seraphon as the "army that was" to move on with a new lizard-force; much like how Warhammer elves kind of became Sylvaneth, Daughters of Khaine and Idoneth Deepkin. Based on the story, maybe there's even a faction of Seraphon that ally with Destruction?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    LizardWizard and Seraphandy like this.
  17. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

I think the slann are a bit too entrenched as leaders of our culture to be able to kill them off. Plus, they're the most concrete connection we have with the old ones in both 40K and fantasy/AoS. Killing them off means losing that connection as well.

As for the seraphon moving on into a new faction. I think that might just be too much of an overhaul, especially when switching allegiances. Also, destruction is almost as worse a fit as chaos. The seraphon are too focused on order and logic to fit in with just mindless destruction.

LizardWizard, Ecozh and Just A Skink like this.
  18. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

Sylvaneth, Daughters and Deepkin are new armies, not overhaul of older forces. They are still there, just don't have allegence/battletome. So no, that won't happen.

LizardWizard likes this.
  19. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

I wouldn't say "won't happen", but I agree that my theory's a bit out there.

To clarify, I didn't mean that the elves really became those races in the game world. I know that the elves/aelves are still around in lore and as armies to play, so they haven't been overhauled, so to speak. But, to me, the new armies seem to be GW's new incarnations of elven forces in AoS; Sylvaneth represent wood elves, Daughters represent dark elves, Idoneth are possibly a new faction, and high elves don't seem to have a clear parallel (so perhaps my idea breaks down a bit there). Maybe this year we'll see if Aelves, Dispossessed and Free Peoples actually get books to solidify/update them. Otherwise, I expect to see them drift further into background, as their AoS "counterparts" move forward.

That's a bit of my logic behind saying that Seraphon MIGHT go that route. But, since Seraphon are arguably the most supported Old World faction, I agree that it's a bit of a stretch. Then again, so was GW "nuking" their fantasy world to start over.

LizardWizard and Ecozh like this.
  20. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

I agree. It's only some crazy theories rattling around in my head, based off of one short story (although I do think GW is going to do something through that story). But GW didn't come out with AoS just to say, "okay, let's keep making the same models for the same armies we've always had." Clearly GW wanted to make a change, and they have (not that I totally agree with it, b/c I really dug the Old World). I just wonder if they want Seraphon to stay like they are, or change them so they have more flexibility going forward in AoS?

Maybe GW considers space lizards a big enough change that they'll stand strong with Seraphon flavor and lore. I mean, orks & goblins are basically the same, chaos seems pretty similar, and undead has some new models but feels the same. Even Skaven are coming back up. So far, Empire, Bretonnians and classic Elves & Dwarves are the most in limbo. So, I guess we'll see.

LizardWizard likes this.