1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Paint & Kitbashes (2023) with Suds

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Sudsinabucket, Jan 13, 2023.

1. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Sudsinabucket Well-Known Member

*Siege Breaker Engine* mock up, minus skinks. A lot of stuff is blue tacd or free hanging, but think this is a general look of the end product. The top will have to be glued on after to make it possible to paint the inside. Also still need tonadd two more Ark arms i just remembered

On one hand, its ridiculous, and I know that. On the other... its fun imaging what other Engines of the Old Ones could look like that are locked away within the Temples and Temple Ships of the Seraphon 20230710_230357.jpg 20230710_230422.jpg 20230710_230503.jpg 20230710_230535.jpg 20230710_230557.jpg 20230710_230631.jpg

2. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

That is a tank of an engine now :)
    Just noticed, did you use the total Palaquin of the Slann on this project?

Where will he be sitting on? ;)

Grrr, !mrahil

Sudsinabucket likes this.
  3. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Haha, yes, absolutely a tank. Might be a little much and a pain to paint... but here we are lol

Nope! He has a full Palaquin :) My original box got damaged and a Slann bit within it. They sent me the sprue section which happend to have a few good bits, and they seemingly accidentally sent me it twice lol so I really lucked out in that regard (got two saurus sprue sent too... just no extra heads sadly lol though, may see id the Old Cold One heads work...)

Noxolotl and Imrahil like this.
  4. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Some work on the Bastiladon has begun :) real happy with it so far. Going for a "Stone & Earth" feel, with the shell being a slate blue and the skin/scales being a more creamy earth color.

Dark Reaper, Russ Grey, Pallid Wytch Flesh, Gryph-charger grey, spaces wolves grey, Apothecary white, Baharroth Blue, and white scar (?) Are the colors used so far :) IMG_20230719_095648_363.jpg

5. Imrahil
    Slann

Nice start. It almost has a metallic look to it :artist:

Keep up the great work

Grrr, !mrahil

6. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Think I'm gonna call the Salamander done? Its not attached to the base yet Incase I decide to do more, but I am real happy with it. Time to build the skinks.

Not sure about the white background but wanted to try something new 20230802_155230.jpg 20230802_155308.jpg 20230802_155432.jpg

7. Imrahil
    Slann

Really great work done with this one! I love the patterns on the sails. And the colorscheme is very good!! The jungle base looks good on him.

Keep up the great work

Grrr, !mrahil

Last edited: Aug 15, 2023
    Sudsinabucket and Noxolotl like this.
  8. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Thanks dude! Overall, she came out pretty good!

Im still not 100% happy with the sail, I could still do a lot to it - but I told myself to not hyperfocus yet and to get a few more things done.

The base, though a little basic, I'm real happy with! I finally used some jungle stuff i got awhile back haha. And yeah! Happy how it all came out.

Seraphon having jungle stuff on their bsses makes sense... but lol i picture my Seraphon in kore of a Highland Valley? Or non jungle valley at least, so its interesting matching/mixmatching those terraij together sometimes lol. Realmshapers adding in the rain forest haha

9. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

I am now working on the lead skink.
    I am going for an "Ash & Ember" look for the body, and for the back feathers attempting a "candle" look. The hope os that it will eventually look similar to hot coals with flames coming up from it - but we'll see if I can achieve that or not. Still really early on.

Animosity V turn 4 is in full swing! 20230805_004512.jpg 20230805_002856.jpg Screenshot_20230805-002725_Google.jpg

Imrahil, JTSleep and Noxolotl like this.
  10. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Some staff work from last night, really happy with it so far! It took me a few tries to get the picture right so it would show the gold properly. Love how it shimmers like the sun (to me).

Still WIP, need to add a little more gold in some places (not much). Such a fun little miniature. Going to work on the Feathers a bit next 20230806_040327.jpg

11. Imrahil
    Slann

Ooh I like the concept of the feathers as candle flames very much.
    I think you have gone a bit far with the blue part though. Would look better if you cut it back a little. (Proportion-wise)

The standard looks great!

Like to see how you progress on him

Grrr, !mrahil

12. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Thanks! And yeah, same thinking about the blue after your and others suggestions on it. Going to lightly fade yellow into it I think Ive decided.

More work on him and the other two soon :)

Imrahil likes this.
  13. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Hey there everyone, I hope you're doing well! Long time no post!

I've recently gotten back into my Hathorians/Adherents of Haset. Currently I have been working on this Worn Stone Blade for my Mammoth guy pictured and also my Bush-Tailed Hunter. The hunter needs some touch ups in a few spots, but that'll come. Both are coming along pretty well and excited to do a bit more on them over the weekend.

Worn Stone:

Prime Mechanics Grey > Celestra Grey (kinda watery, single stroke so its lighter towards the blade) > Reikland Fleshshade all over > Agrax Earthshade on the tops/tip of blade > Russ Grey added where wanted > Coelia Greenshade (dragged) from butt to tip before blade sinks into sharp part > Reikland Fleshshade spotted and then tipped down so gravity drags it down > celestra grey (watery-ish) highlights

20230920_230019.jpg 20230920_230113.jpg 20230920_150647.jpg 20230917_235042.jpg

14. Imrahil
    Slann

This thing is looking amazing, really feels like weathered stone. Great work!

I love what you have done with the fur and the wood, the extreme highlight makes it pop very nice and realistically.

Keep up the great work man.
    Few updates, but of high quality ;)

Grrr, !mrahil

Sudsinabucket and Noxolotl like this.
  15. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Thank you! I'm so happy with how it came out, i didn't intend it this way but to me the tips look to have dried blood on them, which I think is pretty cool.

I am debating if I want to get rid of his big axe or not though, and replace it with something more reasonably sized, unsure.

Thanks again man, I feel I've finally turned this model around. When I first started it I just really hated it, I had primed it white and the contrast I used I just didn't like how it came on. So, been working on it and finally feels good to me, so that means a lot.

Hoping to share some more updates soon :)

Imrahil and Noxolotl like this.
  16. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

20230917_235042.jpg Would like some opinions on this model.

I've decided that I'm likely to put this model on a 90mm oval base.

I am however undecided on if it will be accompanied by 1-3 companions and what base sizes those will be on (ranging from 25mm circle -75mm options depending on the companion & number of them)

I'm kinda leaning towards companions, but do you think that is over doing it? If you think or are in favor of campanions, what type of campion can you see this Inatu having?

Ideas for campions I have atm are...

*Wolves (already painted, 75mm oval bases, have more i could put on smaller bases)

* Birds of some kind, maybe two small groupings on 40mms

* my kitbashed Kirin/Wolf with antlers thing (though, would need a larger base too)

A friend has suggested to me to do a 120mm or diorama base with the companions on the base with them (which could act as a Cygor type Artillery piece in my mind). I like this idea in theory, so pondering that.

Any other ideas, thoughts, etc are welcome

17. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

18. JTSleep
    Carnasaur

JTSleep Well-Known Member

No need to be humble, it is great model. :)

19. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Thank you ❤

I am really proud of it

JTSleep and Imrahil like this.
  20. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

I was working on some Marble Work last night, and although I need more practice I think it came out ok! Regardless, it is exciting to see them finally reconnected to the model

I am debating replacing the large firey axe however, we'll see though, dont want to ruin/harm the model in the process
    20231011_225559.jpg 20231011_225618.jpg 20231012_004247.jpg