1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Paint & Kitbashes (2023) with Suds

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Sudsinabucket, Jan 13, 2023.

1. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Sudsinabucket Well-Known Member

Thank you sir! Yeah, definitely a labor of love. The side platforms are extra bits of the Thunder Lizard howdah lol so that worked out well. May attempt to teach myself the game soon, so that'll be fun to use

JTSleep and jinjerJosh22 like this.
  2. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

I got some Kroxigors today which even before the revamp I had wanted for awhile, not just because I love them but I had an idea I wanted to do. So, I'm glad the new ones are ao big, because my Kroxigor + Skink duo was made possible and the nee rule that allows skink leaders to give commands to Kroxigors plays into this well.

Also more work on the Slann, specifically the head of the other Slann be holds. 20230615_180018.jpg 20230615_012015.jpg

3. JTSleep
    Carnasaur

JTSleep Well-Known Member

Great idea with skink on krox. Reminds me of Master Blaster :)

4. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Thank you! What is Master Blaster? Lol, you're now the second person to mention it

5. JTSleep
    Carnasaur

Reference to old movie Mad Max 3 :)
    Here is some info.

Sudsinabucket likes this.
  6. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Lol I see it now

JTSleep likes this.
  7. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Hey everyone, hope you're doing well!

Myself, other than this moment as I deal with food poisoning, am doing pretty good. Ive been real busy with school which is going ok, but it's a veey tough semester - especially mt environment & society class.

But even with that and other life things going on I've found some time and motivation to do some painting. My time with my saurus has slowed and instead I have been working on some Kroxigors I got from my LGS. I've been painting them in my Tepok theme, trying to reach a more violet for these compared to my Saurus which are more of a traditional purple (with some violet). The leader will be worked on during Animosity V which begins next month, but figured id at least get these two started and the process down.

For these I implemented both the "slap Chop" method and some traditional methods. After i got my washes down to a good point I began highlighting some scales in the back, arms, legs, and tail - after which I then applied more washes. In all I am very happy with the progress Ive made :) based and touch ups still to do. 20230620_012359.jpg 20230620_012447.jpg 20230620_012550.jpg 20230620_012610.jpg 20230620_134507.jpg 20230620_134601.jpg 20230620_134625.jpg 20230620_134533.jpg 20230620_134441.jpg

8. jinjerJosh22
    Kroxigor

jinjerJosh22 Well-Known Member

Wow that Scheme looks amazing on the Kroxigors. Really well painted.
    Feel better soon :D

9. JTSleep
    Carnasaur

Oof, get better soon.

Also those are some fine looking crocodiles!

10. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Those are some beefy Kroxigors!!
    They look amazing. The colors are going together so good!

Feel better soon

Grrr, !mrahil

11. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Thank you on all accounts! Definitely feeling better, though took a day lol it was a long day lol.

The violets came out real well I think

Imrahil likes this.
  12. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Thank you! Probably my favorite kit atm

13. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Thanks man! Definitely feeling better now.

And thanks! Yeah, I'm really happy with how they're coming together absolutely. Rrally want to begin the leader, but trying to get myself to finish my Saurus first lol

Imrahil likes this.
  14. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Fell to temptation and began painting the leader of my Kroxigors, and his Skink companion (I was saving them for a painting submission for a narrative campaign)

Named Tich'ki & Gr'awl, Skink and Kroxigor respectively. Planning at least one short story for them.

Wip
    20230625_111438.jpg

15. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Getting close to begin the base, but first, a frog.

Based off the Strawberry posion dart frog 20230627_225229.jpg

16. BurningBee
    Kroxigor

BurningBee Well-Known Member

I really like the skink chief. Have you considered making this with a chameleon skink? And than print him in clear resin?

17. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Thanks!

I had considered a Chameleon Skink originally, yep! And I may do one for my second set of 3 if I get the hunters of huanchi.

I have no idea how I'd do the resin bit as I don't have the tools to do such, unless you meant using Blue Stuff.

Imrahil likes this.
  18. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

All three Kroxigors + a little display base (turned a 170mm oval base into a simple display for better pictures, hopefully) are done

I think of all the projects in the last year ive completed this is the one I have enjoyed the most. The models themselves are amazing, they have a really good amount of detail without it being lost or too much. I really especially love how my *Tepok* theme/scheme has come out, the purple and violets I just love, with the green/Turquoise complimenting it well.

The stone and bone work on the weapons, although not overly complicated or hard to do, I think really came out well and I dig it.

And of course the skink getting a piggyback ride lol love the thematic vibe they bring, and they came out well for sure. I love the yellow hues within the green skin (had begun as yellow, but didnt like it, so did a Turquoise wash over the yellow to get the green there) and how it looks with the purples and violets.

All in all, I think some of my best work, especially at the rate I did it

Thoughts appreciated! I am going to get some single model shots, but wanted to share the group 20230630_005533.jpg 20230630_005429.jpg 20230630_010258.jpg 20230630_010527.jpg 20230630_010654.jpg 20230630_010604.jpg

19. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Homebrew wise, my Seraphon are part of the Thunder Lizard Constellation, and as such have been entrusted with secrets of Bioengineering & a trove of lost relics and Weapons/Engines of the Old Ones; some of which are among the most powerful of any to be stored away. With this knowledge and access to unimaginable technology, my Seraphon have created some of the largest Seraphon monsters of any Temple Host, and even host its own Thunder Lizard, rumored that is is one of the original Thunder Lizards from the Dragon Isles from the World-That-Was (though only the Slann knows the Truth).

With that in mind, I do my best to bring thst Homebrew alive through my miniatures (as we all do) and have begun to create such a Old Ones engine lost to the sands of time Until now.

It's essentially a combo of the Engine of Choetc and the Ark of Sotek. Using spare Slann Parts (GW messed up my original box so lucked out with a few extea bits) to create a sort of... War Wagon? On the Bastiladon where a crew of skinks will be stationed inside.

Headcanon wise, I am thinking of creating a new Old One, Cho'Sek the Fire Serpent for this Engine to Represent. But its just Headcanon so... we'll see. I'm imagining Serpents which have magma as venom, or something like that (or Lava/magma Cobra like spit). Something.

Heavily WIP, still fairly fragile 20230708_232440.jpg 20230708_232501.jpg

jinjerJosh22 and Imrahil like this.
  20. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Decided on adding some rear facing guns to take care of any would be backdoor intruder (yes, I know the tail is right there, but things gonna still try to jump up or fly down)! The flamethrowers were a bit long so I chopped them down a bit.

Still got some work to do, I need to still finish the inside/decide how/if I want to fill the rest of the space before doing GS work 20230709_162424.jpg 20230709_162407.jpg

Explodingzeb, Imrahil and JTSleep like this.