1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The never-ending battle against woke Hollywood and SJW infused entertainment media [trigger warning]

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by NIGHTBRINGER, Oct 14, 2021.

1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

2. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

3. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I don't believe Star Trek can be saved with Kurtzman involved even a little bit.

4. Scalenex
    Slann

5. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

i don't think any of it can be saved. the rot runs to deep and they will be long dead by the time we cut it out

6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

ohh, clever, i could live with that.

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  7. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

It all depends how much involvement Kurtzmann has in any given project. If Terry Matalas was able to make Picard series 3 decent even with Kurtzmann still being about, then it is possible that some good Trek content can be made, so long as Kurtzmann isn't given any say on the creative output and is sent to work on other stuff. Just because he has the majority share in that Secret Hideout, whatever that is, it doesn't mean that he has to be offered any role in the creation of Star Trek series.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  8. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

yeah it being a body snatch horror would make way to much sense. that and i would pay good money to see a show based around those pics at the end. dang

9. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Absolutely! But that would be a cool and original idea, and they don't do that.

10. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

11. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

12. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

13. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

14. Scalenex
    Slann

Critical Drinker had an informal discussion video with one line that really stands out. "If you find Friends offensive, how do you live your life?"

I always thought the show was pretty bland and inoffensive. Admittedly I watched it for a while because I liked looking at Jennifer Aniston and Courtney Cox which kept me interested when the jokes failed to land, but eventually the show's formulaic plots and stupid shenanigans stopped being funny to me entirely.

They threw the line in to draw attention on the false idea that there is no such thing as bad publicity.

I am a BIG fan of Blue Beetle. After season 2 of Young Justice (which centered around Blue Beetle and the Reach) got me intrigued by his character, used my subscription to DC universe to read most of Blue Beetle's back catalog of comics. There wasn't a whole lot of them, but they were pretty good.

As long as the film not a steaming woke turd, I'll probably watch it in theaters. My impression is it has woke things in it, but it is not a steaming woke turd. Perhaps I am wrong.

All things considered, it's Jaime Reyes father that bad mouthed Batman, not Jaime. That is not a giant stretch from the original source material because his father was never liked Jaime being a super hero and did sort of resent Batman for not "curing" Jaime of his affliction.

The movie version of Jaime has him as a young adult, but all the comics and animated version have him as a high schooler. I can forgive that change, the market for high school super hero movies is a bit oversaturated right now.

Unless the trailer is misleading, the movie seems to hit most of the core of Jaime's character. He is family oriented, has youthful naivety, newbie insecurity, but also revels in his new power.

I'm not sure the female scarab voice is a good choice. Different comics and/or animated version all seem to either make it male voiced or animalistic communicating impulses and emotions but never words. The important thing those is that there is a conflict between Jaime and the scarab that they eventually reconcile.

Blue Beetle typically has two ongoing antagonists. First, you have either a black ops government agency, mad scientist super villain, or evil corporation that wants to seize the scarab. Second, you have the alien race known as the Reach that built the scarab in the first place in order to help take over Earth. In my opinion the Reach are by far more interesting antagonists.

It does not look like the Reach is going to be in this movie. My educated guess is there will an end credit scene setting up the Reach for a sequel movie that will never come.

The general premise is that beetle scarabs provide superpowers to the wielder but also enslave the wielder to the Reach. Jaime Reyes beetle scarab was malfunctioning so it did not enslave him.

In the longest running Blue Beetle comic series. After defeating the Reach, Blue Beetle freezes hundreds of other Beetle Warriors across the galaxy. He's patting himself on the back for this, but then a month later, the Beetles Warriors inform him that now they are planning to take over the galaxy in place of the Reach which was a fun arc to explore. In other words, the Beetles were free to kill who they wanted to kill and not who the Reach told them to kill.

15. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I guess we'll have to wait and see its box office performance. I'm cheering against it.

16. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

17. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

18. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

oh joy

19. Scalenex
    Slann

I don't care anymore. In my opinion the last tiny shred of hope for the Star Wars franchise was Mandalorian Season 2 but Kathleen Kennedy and the other moron executives destroyed the positive momentum by firing Gina Corano and sabotaging the Book of Boba Fett and Obi Wan series.

At this point I have to assume Disney is being bankrolled by some metaphorical Diet Illuminati group with deep pockets OR I must assume that Kathleen Kennedy is both malicious and insane and has a dossier of blackmail material that rivals that of Jeffrey Epstein.

Otherwise, I don't see why Iger is doing this. Iger isn't a genius, but he's not stupid. He's got to know these Star Wars movies will lose money.

Though I suppose, via proxies, Kathleen Kennedy has announced Star Wars projects that didn't come to pass before and this might be the case again. Or it might be a psy op.

Imagine if they leaked this to get the fan base all mad and then they said "Just kidding, we are doing a shot for shot remake of the Timothy Zahn trilogy!" (or something else that is fan service) Maybe they think that pulling off this chicanery will make the fans grateful and relieved so they won't scrutinize this too closely which they would if Disney tried to announce a fan pleaser right out.

I guess if I can come up with elaborate explanations for what is going on, I do care about Star Wars, at least a little.

MAHRLECT MY HEART FOR CARING JUST ENOUGH TO ALLOW ME TO KEEP HURTING!

20. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Maybe Elon Musk buys the company! ;)

Wouldn't that be grand, but if I were a betting man... :p

Convert that hurt into rage and anger! :mad: