1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The never-ending battle against woke Hollywood and SJW infused entertainment media [trigger warning]

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by NIGHTBRINGER, Oct 14, 2021.

1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

5. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

Maybe this response is better made in the Star Wars thread? But this is where I saw this news.

I just think the set up for this hotel experience had too many things working against it.

-First and foremost, it is VERY expensive for such a short stay (close to the price of a whole week stay at Disney).
    -It is set in the time of the sequel trilogy, which gets mixed reactions (generally negative ones from OT fans I think it's safe to say). I mean, I sort of get it, even if it's not my preferred time period. Disney is trying to set the narrative with their own properties and characters, not OT and PT characters. However, it's no doubt that that the bigger fan reactions seem to be when R2-D2 and Chewbacca show up. To that point, Youtube influencers who dislike the ST and Disney Star Wars might have done actual damage to this hotel's success.
    -The "immersive" guest LARP experience is risky, at best. I will actually give Disneyworld some props for trying something... shall I say... bold, but I think the concept just opens up guests to too many awkward or "meh" interactions. Plus, if haters show up at all, it could lead to legit feel bad experiences.
    -It is still Disneyworld in tone. What I mean is that, regardless of how you think the galaxy Star Wars "should" feel, Disney needs it to feel saccharine, sweet and approachable, similar to the rest of the parks. It's part of the brand of Disneyworld to appeal to young children. So, the interactions with players are goofy, to friendly, to playfully sarcastic. The action moments, such as they are, look softly choreographed.
    -The food appeared sort of standard, just playfully colored. Obviously, I've only watched videos about that, so I don't really know. Still, my point is that I think people expected more "fine dining" for the price tag.
    -The feeling of being contained in this building might have hindered the experience (at least from my perspective).
    -I waffle a bit on the visual aesthetic. We mostly see spaceships in the OT. We do see more buildings in the PT and some might bear a similarity to parts of what I saw in videos showcasing this hotel. It looks more Star Trek than Star Wars in most parts, but that might just be my preconceived ideas about the look of those two universes. Generally, I don't think it quite has that "Star Wars look" in most spaces.

My disappointment is in the fact that I have loved Disney and Star Wars as long as I can remember, literally. But, I've not been crazy about Star Wars after the OT, and even less so with Disney Star Wars. I fear that we may never get a return to classic Disney love nor classic Star Wars excitement... and I may never get to stay in a cool Star Wars-themed hotel.

Last edited: May 19, 2023
  6. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Even if used the prequel trilogy or original trilogy, heck I think from a marketing standpoint if I was in charge I would have the Galactic Starcruiser flip between the OT and PT at three month intervals to capture both hard core fan groups and to get the really hardcore Star Wars fans to show up twice.

But even if it involved Star Wars that people liked, it would still fail.

Overlord DVD had an actual guest give a detailed account of his experience at the Galactic Starcruiser Hotel. They spared every expense.

Part One

Part Two

Part Three

Anyway, I came here to post about something different and something woke. The Galactic Starcruiser Hotel isn't overtly woke, it's just a bad idea indirectly made worse by wokeness.

As I said, Chato is one of the few Youtubers that I will stop what I am doing to watch his videos.

7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

That thread is more for Star Wars/Trek memes and generally more positive stuff. This thread is our playground for anti-woke discussions and news!

It's a complete rip-off, especially for what you're getting. Even if it were OT/PT themed, I wouldn't drop that kind of coin on it. That kind of money goes a long way towards an actual destination trip.

I don't want us OT fans to claim all the glory, I think the PT crowd ( @Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl ) hates the Disney trilogy just the same!

Those haters would have to be pretty well off (financially) to waste that kind of money just to hate on something.

It will definitely take a long time to enact change. Anything short of an Elon Musk Twitter-esque takeover (or your friendly NIGHTBRINGER somehow acquires Superman level powers), and we're in for one long fight. We need to keep hitting their bottom line... over and over. Bud Light the bastards!

8. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was definitely a (multi-million dollar) misstep. Oh well, on to the next Disney fumble... :rolleyes:

9. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

They're slowly running the company into the ground. Degrading and devaluing what would otherwise be extremely lucrative IPs. Star Wars and the MCU are both headed in the wrong direction.

10. Scalenex
    Slann

I've never seen this guy before but his analysis is well thought out and his presentation style is excellent.

11. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

You know I despise the Sequel Trilogy as much as you do... not so much for its treatment of the OT characters (though even I think Superman Leia was easily one of the most stupid moments in any of the nine films), but certainly for Rey, its terrible writing, Rey, its wastage of the only characters that had potential to be interesting (Finn, Snoke, to a lesser extent Kylo), Rey, and how the series failed to present a Star Wars universe that has supposedly evolved to 30 years after the Original Trilogy ended. Did I mention Rey, and her Force is Female cult?

Indeed it's well known that probably the best thing the Sequel Trilogy did was to get Original Trilogy and Prequel Trilogy fans to agree on something :p

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  12. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

13. Scalenex
    Slann

I know this is not about the media, but this is important.

Canada made a big deal about lower barriers to allow for more female fire fighters and some newly minted female fire fighters making a small controlled burn let it get out of control and created a huge wildfire. This was two weeks ago, the fire is still going.

Diversity hires literally destroyed a swath of the wilderness and put thousands of lives of millions of dollars of property at risk.

Now the mainstream media reporting the fire has conveniently forgotten the cause of the fire.

You can see the smoke in the United States three states away from the actual fire.

14. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

It would be hilarious, if not for the real life consequences...

15. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

16. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Not this time, @Scalenex ...

17. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

18. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann