The never-ending battle against woke Hollywood and SJW infused entertainment media [trigger warning]

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by NIGHTBRINGER, Oct 14, 2021.

1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

3. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

4. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I had a friend who was ahead of the curve and he created a joke 1998 in high school where ANYTHING bad for any reason was "racist" (facetiously). My favorite English teacher actually noticed us talking like that and we explained that racism is bad, so by the transitive property all bad things are racist, and she played a long for a while.

Of course her favorite book was 1984 so she knew all about changing words.

If Scalenex encounters a person who uses pronouns, Scalenex will dispense with using pronouns entirely while talking to that person.

It helps that there Young Justice has a race of aliens that is psychology incapable of using pronouns and refer to everyone by their full name all the time which Scalenex finds hilarious.

From a writing standpoint, it also lets me learn the names of new characters faster if they are constantly repeated.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

8. Scalenex
    Slann

Hypothetically, if Disney made a Snow White movie that tried to hew to the spirit of the original, no woke message or casting. If they just tried to retell the 1937 story with modern cinematography and let us pretend that Disney hadn't annoyed me into avoiding paying them money on sheer principle.

I still wouldn't be interested in watching a live action version of Snow White. I cannot be the only one in that boat.

I think the Hail Mary play is to stir up a woke controversy to drum up publicity and hopefully churn up some interest. That probably has a better chance of getting people to go to theaters than a bland remake.

That said, in a perfect world Disney and the other big media companies would make new things.

Unfortunately, at this point Disney can't make new media that is good even if they wanted to.

I have heard the stretch of the 1980s to 1990s being called the Disney Renaissance with regards to animation.

Maybe Disney could return to making good media products if they house cleaned all the morons, woke or otherwise, but I also suspect that it is harder to make good stories in a large institution because the more money you have in a project, the more players you have wanting to put their ideas into the product. Even if ham fisted political messaging is not factor, I believe Too Many Cooks is a problem endemic to large media companies.

It's possible that the writer's strike will lead to house cleaning that will pave the wave for a new renaissance but I have a feeling the net result will be things getting worse, not better.

We have around four in the West that most movies and TV shows. I think if we had more companies making lower budget movies and TV shows that give writers and directors more freedom, we'd have better entertainment. Sure some of these things would suck, but some would be great.

That is my pipe dream at least.

WildColonial Boy likes this.
  9. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

10. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

11. Scalenex
    Slann

I'm kind of repetitive myself. I like Critical Drinker and he is not wrong. He is getting a little repetitive. I'm kind of repetitive myself. This isn't really any different from his last three videos talking about film as a whole.

Not a slam on you NB. Not a slam on Critical Drinker either. I cannot blame someone for not being insightful with each and every thing they do. I'm kind of repetitive myself.

Here is a one minute sketch about taking the wrong lessons from something's success.

With movies lately, a lot of things have fit the mold of "Get Woke, Go Broke". The Barbie movie made a lot of money. Hollywood is going to try to copy Barbie's financial success. Here is a video from Midnight's Edge speculating on how they will probably take the wrong lessons from Barbie's success.

12. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

No offense taken. I didn't compose the video. I just try to post it before you do! !.gif

13. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

14. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

15. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

16. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

17. Scalenex
    Slann

By replying to this (with the video in the reply), I have technically beaten Nightbringer.

18. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Nice try. It only counts if you actually post the video! I saw @Killer Angel 's post over an hour ago.

19. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

20. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann