1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Random Thread of Random Randomness

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by NIGHTBRINGER, Feb 10, 2019.

1. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

Verbal Ridicule is simply the mildest form of bullying.

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.
  2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Which is why I wouldn't go attacking the actress online as others did. I see no point in bullying someone. However, when a work is made public, it is open to judgement and ridicule.

3. pendrake
    Skink Priest

Did one actress play two roles? In-universe twins? ......or have I got the wrong character entirely? (Remembering a bomb bay open to vacuum, a very short weapons tech, and spherical bombs falling out of the bay —due to magical microgravity— when a jam was finally cleared.)

LizardWizard likes this.
  4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

The girl in the bombing run (Paige Tico) was the sister of Rose Tico and was played by a different actress.

[​IMG]
    Rose left. Paige right.

5. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

6. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

8. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

Tzeentch, but only if I get a cloak made out of peacock feathers.

9. pendrake
    Skink Priest

Cats are not as smart as they'd like us to believe.

10. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

I have a Bengal Cat and he is a moron.

11. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

12. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

The Web comic Darths and Droids. They made it their goal to make Jar Jar the most popular character (within their comic) and they achieved it. I guess you could Sally is the most popular character and she is playing Jar Jar.

Darths and Droids is based on a hypothetical parallel universe where Star Wars never existed and the story of Star Wars exists solely within one group of players of one RPG, starting with Phantom Menace.

Qui Gon and Obi Wan are not master and apprentice, they are two Jedi characters played by experienced roleplayers.

Jar Jar is played by Sally, the kid sister of one of the players. "I want to be an alien! With big floppy ears! And they live underwater!"

13. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Here we go...

aQnYM6K_700b_v1.jpg

I think this is a pretty easy one, but I'm curious to see what others think. I'm going with the POWER RING. Flight, protective force shield, space travel, knowledge, translator, the best combat capabilities and so much more. The rest seems pretty trivial in comparison. In second place would be the Iron Man suit. Mjolnir is pretty cool, but much less so than the Power Ring or Iron man suit. Without the rest of Thor's powers, it is more a novelty than anything else. That Batsuit is okay, but you could probably construct/purchase something pretty close. Cap's shield is also a novelty item but much less cool or useful than Mjolnir.

The symbiote is a wild card, comes down to the personality of the symbiote, will it work with you or take over. If it works alongside of you then I'd place it just below the Iron Man suit. If it works against you then it is obviously the worst of the bunch.

1. Power Ring
    2. Iron Man suit
    3. Mjolnir
    4. Batsuit or Cap's Shield
    *Symbiote is a wild card, see above, it is either #3 or #6.

@Lord-Marcus : why don't you join in on the discussion!

LizardWizard likes this.
  14. pendrake
    Skink Priest

Ring. Subtle. Less hassle.

I know these are Lantern Rings ^ but I didn’t / don’t know enough about the franchise to make an informed choice.

15. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

How do you feel about the rest of them in relation to one another?

16. pendrake
    Skink Priest

The rest of A to F? (By the way, Symbiote should be choice F; you have two labeled D.)

17. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Yea... the whole list, like I provided under the picture.

Good eye, whoever set it up made a boo-boo!

LizardWizard likes this.
  18. pendrake
    Skink Priest

I’ll take the Power Ring (A); and the boots/Powered knees from (C) to go.

Hard pass on the other choices. Three are useless to me for lack of sufficient Strength / Skill / Dex and as for (F) ...I don’t wanna be Pendrake-Dax, Nope, Nope, Nope.

19. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

A. Power rings are tricky. The green power rings are relatively free of unwanted side effects, but they come with the caveat of you are at the beck and call of the Guardians. That's not a huge problem for me because I am a team player and do not mind taking orders from someone smarter than me. Ganthet is a dick, but the other Guardians are reasonable people.

The other power rings, have a lot of nasty side effects. Maybe the blue ring would be okay, but I'm too pessimistic to use one. Well indigo rings are okay I guess. I probably have more compassion than willpower, hope, avarice, fear, anger, or love. I've never seen a television show or comic book with indigo rings in it so I have no idea how they organize themselves or what they do. The Indigo Corp is the least developed least interesting group.

Power ring is first choice because I could theoretically use it.

B. WIthout all of Bruce Wayne's advanced training, the Batsuit is just a costume. I guess it's counts as armor. Unlike the other items on the list, this is the only one that won't get me killed. Unless the Joker is real of course.

C. But speaking of armor. Iron Man's suit is the best. But assuming you don't break your spine in a flying accident, you are screwed the second you need to repair something or perform maintenance. WIthout being friends with Tony Stark or being Tony Stark, you cannot use it for long.

D. Speaking of not being able to use it...Moljinir only works for children of Odin. I happen to look a lot like my father, so I'm pretty sure my mom didn't fool around with Odin behind his back.

E. Captain America's shield. This is the only item on the list that doesn't have side effects or require advanced training. But there are very few situations where I find myself thinking "I wish I had an indestructible shield!"

F. A symbiote is self maintaining and requires little if any training BUT it comes with a substantial loss of freedom. It's still my third choice after power ring. It's a gamble, but if my symbiote isn't a horrific monster I could come out ahead.

20. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Tzeentch and Power ring.

move on to some choice more challenging... :p