1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you doing today hobbywise?

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Lord-Marcus, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

They could battle in a factory scenario, using my newly built piece!

20210319_183244.jpg

2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

3. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Kilvakar Well-Known Member

I will! As soon as I get some of my first Skinks done I'll start up a painting blog!

Lizards of Renown likes this.
  4. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

After my order of card sleeve sheets came in yesterday, I spent a few minutes putting all my Underworlds cards away.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
    Lizards of Renown likes this.
  5. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

I found a cheap online place to get cut metal pieces for my magnetized bases (as I don't have the equipment or patience to I got all of my metal trays done to the right measurements) and they all arrived last night. I'm excited!

I have already put down magnetic strips inside a bunch of really useful boxes, so I'll start moving them over in the next couple of days.

6. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

I've been working on several different conversions/kitbashes, mainly for Warhammer Fantasy. All will be revealed in my painting blog in due course!

Lizards of Renown and Imrahil like this.
  7. WildColonial Boy
    Bastiladon

WildColonial Boy Well-Known Member

First an explanation. A lifetime ago a good friend and myself ran a 50 team Blood bowl competition that covered greater Sydney and Wollongong (a town south of Sydney). We produced a fortnightly magazine (THUMP) to accompany the competition. We also ran a weekly 4 player dungeon bowl competition at a friends house. As part of those comps we also had random Blood bowl referees that would officiate games and add a certain 'spice' to the outcome.
    With the new BB Season 2, I painted up the two referees that come with the box. Two very nice figures. I decided to find all my old refs and create a display base for them. Hence the following: Refs 1.jpg Refs 1.jpg Refs 3.jpg
    The statue plinths I made from some thick chalk I got from the local cheap shop. The floor is cork board carved up to represent dungeon floor.
    You can't see it from the photos but the orc ref has a target on his back.

8. WildColonial Boy
    Bastiladon

This has taken me well over a year to complete but finally finished my carnosaur. I wanted to continue the theme of my lizardmen that all bipedal monsters are greenish in colour as camouflage.When I took these photos I had forgotten to attach the reins to the carny. Carn base.jpg Carn front 2.jpg Carn head.jpg Carn RHS.jpg Carn LHS.jpg Carn rear.jpg Head & rider.jpg

9. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Very nice carno. I love the ivory throne!!!

Grrr, Imrahil

WildColonial Boy likes this.
  10. WildColonial Boy
    Bastiladon

Thanks Imrahil.
    I tried to make it white marble but it looked crap so went back to ivory

Imrahil likes this.
  11. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

Tk'ya'pyk Well-Known Member

Well, let me see. I bought my second box of rockgut troggoths, picked up an ork wartrakk for a conversion, ordered something I probably should not have for an army I don't have...

Oh... and I tried to fix a hardware issue with my computer only to find that the issue was slightly more, um, critical than I realized. Long story short, my computer is dead. Total blue screen of death situation. For those I chat with in the discord, I'll be away for a while until I can source a new computer...

Padre, Imrahil and Lizards of Renown like this.
  12. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

WildColonial Boy likes this.
  13. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

I had some time last night, so I continued work on my dungeon scenery project, experimented with Vallejo brush on primer (it works very well. I need a better bottle, though as I don't like the dropper version I picked up), and put the first basecoat on the KO Underworlds Warband.

Lizards of Renown and Imrahil like this.
  14. Imrahil
    Slann

I have put some washes on my Gor-Grunta. And attached the head of the rider and the side armor.

Grrr, Imrahil

15. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

Tk'ya'pyk Well-Known Member

Installing crap on my new-ish computer and trying to remember all of my bookmark links...

Buuuut I may also be actively being a hypocrite right now.

1: I'm browsing a seraphon/lizardmen-themed forum...
    2: While listening to Wind Rose's cover of "Diggy Diggy Hole" - dwarf metal...
    3: ...and working on a new aelf army...

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
  16. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Last night got a whole bunch of my Lizards onto metal movement trays and stored in self-created magnetic boxes.

Will post pic's tomorrow.

17. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

More magnetizing... A bit mind-numbing, but it'll be worth it in the end.

IMG_20210325_010330.jpg

IMG_20210325_010343.jpg

I tried them on the metal tray and I think I'll need to do 2 magnets per model... :(

18. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

No there’s nothing wrong with that, in addition to my Lizardmen I have Dwarfs, Greenskins, High Elves and Skaven, plus I’ve bought my first few Beastmen to begin a sixth army!

Which Elf army are you starting? Any pictures?

As for what I’ve been doing, today a treat arrived in the post for me:
    4395B4DB-9D89-4200-85F4-DBD9A91CB0B7.jpeg

A White Dwarf from late 2007 (before I even started the hobby - I officially began in January 2009), that came new in its original packaging (though I have since opened the packaging and thrown it away before taking this photo). What did I pay for it? Around £9 after shipping costs were added.

And now for some heavy reading and some glorious nostalgia as I revel in the glory days of White Dwarf (which certainly isn’t as good now as it was when these editions were rocking the magazine shelves) and Warhammer Fantasy 7th Edition (the Edition I began the hobby in and first fell in love with)!

19. Imrahil
    Slann

I spy some nice old Cold Ones in there. They outshine the 'normal' depri Cold Ones

Grrr, Imrahil

Tk'ya'pyk and Lizards of Renown like this.
  20. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Really? The four-legged ones just don’t make any sense. They would be far too slow and lumbering to achieve the movement rate that Cold Ones are supposed to. Indeed they look far too slow and lumbering to be halfway decent predators in the first place.

I really don’t get the hate for our current Cold One models, they don’t look that bad. They have thin bottom jaws but their broad top jaws means they probably slash downward with their top jaws like axes - new theories suggest that allosaurus did this in the real world of dinosaurs. They also have a long claw on each hand that look as though they could take a man’s head off.

In fact I prefer them to the Dark Elf velociraptors because there’s nothing fantastical about velociraptors, whereas the Lizardman cold ones are very different from any real dinosaur that existed on Earth. Plus those Dark Elf velociraptors look far less intimidating when they have to take a Stupidity test every turn...

Tk'ya'pyk and Imrahil like this.