1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you doing today hobbywise?

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Lord-Marcus, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

Put some more work in last night on the Darkoath models from Underworlds. I'll probably do some more on them later, but I have a couple other non-hobby projects that need to get done.

Padre

Noxolotl and jinjerJosh22 like this.
  2. Krox_v.2
    Razordon

Krox_v.2 Well-Known Member

Got sidetracked from my lizzies and am working on a few test minis for a Nurgle Chaos Warrior unit.

jinjerJosh22, Noxolotl and Imrahil like this.
  3. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

I got sidetracked into a new project, the jade host of Qua'phar. Check it out in the painting and modeling forum if you have a few moments please.

4. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

5. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

well those are cool.

6. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

Hoping my Scale 75 metallics will arrive in the mail today, even though not sure when I will get to using them, just read good things about them and Citadel metallics has been a battle with to function, base paints, fine. Layers on the other hand...
    Working on this kitbash at the moment in hopes to use some spares up.
    Local store be doing some Christmas themed battles soon and it's tempting to go but not sure how I will feel on the day, along with being out of date on the rules.
    They are talking about New year, New Army but I've got a lot of backlog to do. Warhammer, other brands, boardgame minis... endless

Noxolotl, jinjerJosh22 and Imrahil like this.
  7. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

Tk'ya'pyk Well-Known Member

Um... I mostly fixed an old Rhino, added a pair of Combi-Bolters and a Havoc Launcher to it. Now I'm digging around in my bits for something to make one of those big honking dozer blades for a 3rd edition Vindicator model.

8. VikingRage
    Razordon

VikingRage Well-Known Member

I feel for you! My vallejo mettalics have suddenly started being stubborn as well...

little-myth likes this.
  9. Lennoth
    Skink

Lennoth Member

Actually not. It's a standard model from the model building shelve in my lovsl store. Didn't check what scale it is, I just bought it :D

10. Lennoth
    Skink

Lennoth Member

Yesterday, I managed to turn a space marine hero into a sanguinary priest.

IMG_20221206_185845.jpg IMG_20221206_223711.jpg IMG_20221206_223659.jpg
    IMG_20221206_223704.jpg

11. VikingRage
    Razordon

Didn't get any work done on my own models these past few days, but I have been helping several new wargamers get started into the hobby! I spent last night clipping sprues and trimming mold lines.

12. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Conversion time, from AoS Stormfiends to 40k Obliterators (creations of Bile)

Stormfiends.jpg

Obli 1.jpg

Obli 2.jpg

Obli 3.jpg

13. jinjerJosh22
    Temple Guard

jinjerJosh22 Well-Known Member

14. jinjerJosh22
    Temple Guard

Today I have been working on (the beginning of) a Battle company for my wife, so she has no choice but to play with me :happy:
    upload_2022-12-10_22-30-38.jpeg upload_2022-12-10_22-30-38.jpeg

15. Imrahil
    Slann

Awesome, great to be able to play together!

Grrr, !mrarhil

16. jinjerJosh22
    Temple Guard

Once every few months she considers it :D but I'm fortunate that we usually have a good time playing. I don't think I have ever won against her.... in MESBG nor AoS. I came close last time we played AoS but in the last battle round, I tried to grab an objective to secure the win and she was able to make a long charge into a sole Saurus Knight with her last model a lone Ylthari (Sylvaneth warband wizard). Beating the Knight in combat lost me my Grand strategy and also the match. :oops:

17. VikingRage
    Razordon

Battle Companies for life! And Rohirrim no less! Love to see it, I think I still have my Rohan Battle Company intact somewhere collecting dust. We were talking about resurrecting our old league when Osgiliath was announced.

18. Imrahil
    Slann

Battle Companies is a great format to play! I haven't started a Rohan company (yet) mostly because of the expensive Royal Guard options that could join the party.

I have picked up a late Battle of the Pelennor Fields set before they went out of stock... so Rohirrim in spades ;)

Grrr, !mrahil

jinjerJosh22 likes this.
  19. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

I'm sure it would be easy to convert some Rohan Royal Guard out of some Gripping Beast Saxon Thegns and Goth Noble Cavalry, with some spare Rohan shields.

As a disciple of my thread posts on plastic proxies for expensive metal and Finecast Middle Earth models, you disappoint me.

[​IMG]

jinjerJosh22 likes this.
  20. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

Getting another Dark Elves Chariot built that has been sitting around for a while, I bet the reins break on this one too like the others :wacky: Not sure why but it's a thing that happens easily, then it is paper thin plastic. Might think of getting the thinnest chain I can get and just replace it with that.
    Just want to get some backlog built so I can empty the boxes a bit, it's surprising how sprues take up a lot of room. Even with the mass clipping and storing I did a while ago, it's still piled up.

Still got to make a start with chipping at this tabletop project I want to do, my pal sometimes asks this but he forgets it's a personal project and there is many other things I'm working on so it's at the back but I do make notes here and there.