1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you doing today hobbywise?

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Lord-Marcus, Feb 8, 2018.

1. WildColonial Boy
    Salamander

WildColonial Boy Well-Known Member

And now for something completely different....
    And now.jpg
    Hells Grannies HG1.jpg
    Hells Grannies.jpg
    HG3.jpg
    Silly walks.jpg

2. pyro-dragon
    Saurus

pyro-dragon Active Member

Absolutely amazing work!!

3. J.Logan
    Temple Guard

J.Logan Well-Known Member

Saurus as Tempestus Scions, by chance? Or Kazrkin if you want them to be the proper badass Imperial Guard variant?

Would have thought that a 40k Lizardman army would have worked as Space Marines. Skinks as scouts, saurus as classic space marines and kroxigors as terminators. I have a vague recollection of planning to do something similar to that as some point in the distant past.

4. pyro-dragon
    Saurus

I did actually do this many moons ago using Space Wolves rules. i still have it but its got dust permenently attatched to everything :/

Anyways, the main motivation for chosing imperial guard and lizards is that I love tanks and I love the lizard models. I'm desperately trying to bridge the chasm to plausability with the writing I've been posting :p

Tk'ya'pyk and J.Logan like this.
  5. J.Logan
    Temple Guard

That's fair enough. I personally prefer the Spess Mahrine Predator tanks to the Leman Russ, but the Guard certainly have a wider selection of tanks to pick from. Including my favourite... THE BANEBLADE! *insert meme, but because I am not @NIGHTBRINGER, you'll have to imagine the Baneblade meme*

6. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Why not make a meme using this? https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

It allows you to upload your own image as a template, so find a pic of a Baneblade on the 'net and you're ready to go ;)

J.Logan and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  7. pyro-dragon
    Saurus

I've got two baneblades actually. One half-assembled/painted one from years back and one kit I got from ebay recently. I want them to be centrepiece vehicles but I need to figure out how I'm going to mod and decorate them to look as lizardman as possible. I'm open to ideas.

Tk'ya'pyk and J.Logan like this.
  8. J.Logan
    Temple Guard

9. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

[​IMG]

The memes are strong with you...

...A powerful Meme Lord you will become!

Tk'ya'pyk, - Q - and J.Logan like this.
  10. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

You'd more or less want to make it a floating fortress then, likely with a lot of glyph panels to obfuscate the shoddy riveting and menhir stones where the tracks and wheels would be. Couldn't help you much with the weaponry, as that requires some knowledge of what Lizardmen weapons you've already used in place of the official Imperial ones.

Tk'ya'pyk and pyro-dragon like this.
  11. pyro-dragon
    Saurus

To give myself a fighting chance to get any of this stuff finished, I'm going with regular equipment thats been decorated.
    Lore is that they have found a dead forgeworld and so have found huge stashes of gear. Lizards are supposed to be smart right? Given enough time I'm guessing the little skink guys can figure it out and show others.

Are they smart enough to figure out how the machines work to make fresh gear? Can you make a saurus work in a factory? Who knows.
    Given the size of my force I'm thinking its fairly certain most of it could have been found and restored.

I certainly plan on getting some glyph panels and shaping the gothic arches into something more cuboid. I'm really looking forward to showing off what I did with my Basilisks when they are fully assembled.

12. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

Tk'ya'pyk Well-Known Member

20240921_164939.jpg

Malcador for my spess rats! I need to cover it liberally with skaven shield bosses before priming...

13. pyro-dragon
    Saurus

I feel we need to fight it out at some point...

14. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Do they make plastic Malcadors for the Horus Heresy now, or is it a kitbash from something else?

The Guns of Sotek vs The Skaviir Dominion...

[​IMG]

Tk'ya'pyk, J.Logan and pyro-dragon like this.
  15. pyro-dragon
    Saurus

16. pyro-dragon
    Saurus

Back on the topic of hobby stuff- working on the tiny bits and bobs for my Chimera fleet.
    Got a box of saurus knights in the post which will be done up as death riders later.
    While cataloging my stuff I found some old old old metal saurus cold-one riders. While the saurus themselves look pretty cool laying prone, the cold-ones are a bit naff. Not sure what I'm going to do with them yet.

Finally, I got 2 different editions (1st & 2nd) of the Seraphon battletome in the post so I can read through the lore.

17. J.Logan
    Temple Guard

Ah, you'll get to read about how they are Order Daemons, and then nope, they're just a Azyr infused subtype/subfaction.

18. pyro-dragon
    Saurus

To be fair, the Guns of Sotek landed in the 40K universe after the destruction of the old world but before the age of myth (and sigmar) so hopefully descrpencies like that aren't a problem. I'm going to be harvesting them for flavour text and anything they say about the gods and the old world.

19. BrotherSutek
    Terradon

BrotherSutek Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="
    Got a box of saurus knights in the post which will be done up as death riders later.
    While cataloging my stuff I found some old old old metal saurus cold-one riders. While the saurus themselves look pretty cool laying prone, the cold-ones are a bit naff. Not sure what I'm going to do with them yet.[/QUOTE]
    After seeing the beautiful cold ones the Dark Elves got it is a bit frustrating seeing the old ones I have.

20. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Bleh, the Dark Elf pseudo-velociraptors are overrated. I've always preferred the Lizardmen ones for just being more out-there and different, a design more fitting for a fantasy world and less for Mesozoic Earth.

BrotherSutek likes this.