1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS NEW *rumor*

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Logan8054, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

They have a handfull of ways to generate some, there's a spell & a command trait and I think some artifacts as well. However, nowhere near to the extent the sorerita's can.

upload_2019-11-13_15-17-47.png
    Even without relics and whatnot that's way more extra dice than tzeentch will ever get. And also far more consistently. It seems far nicer to play around as you can at least count on having some dice available at any time.

2. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

Only destroying units is a stable way of generating MD. Sacrifice is more a compensation, both Purity and Valour are very random.

3. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

and even then their aren't meny units in a game so not much

4. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

I agree that it looks like antlers/horns. Perhaps Kurnothi for Sylvaneth?

Dr.Doom likes this.
  5. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Gods I hope not, now that it's been confirmed Kurnothi are a Sylvaneth extension rather than their own faction. Do Sylvaneth specifically deserve a load of extra units when no other army except Sigmarines has?

Dr.Doom likes this.
  6. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

well they have to start somewhere. there are better candidates for expansion but we all know hear that GW doesn't chose the sensible option

Dr.Doom likes this.
  7. Brandfas Machine
    Skink

Brandfas Machine Active Member

I'm always up for a faction gaining more diversity. It'd be cool to see a Kurnothi subset among Sylvaneth like the Troggoths in Gloomspite. Sylvaneth are one of the factions with the lowest model diversity (tied at 17 with Fyreslayers and FEC, with DoK at the bottom with 16)

ChapterAquila92 and Dr.Doom like this.
  8. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I'd love nothing more than for GW to release a giant plastic Chaos War Mammoth kit, but I agree with @Canas . That picture doesn't give me a Chaos Mammoth vibe. Are those tassels?

We do know how much you love Sylvaneth! :p

9. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

That's true, just look at their dreadful obsession with Sigmarines (which has admittedly subsided at the moment but is likely to rear its ugly head at some point again soon) :wtf:

:D

Personally I would rather have preferred them to be a separate faction with none of that Alarielle rubbish, especially as they're satyrs and centaurs so don't fit with Forest Spirits, but as @Erta Wanderer says, GW have made a lot of daft choices in the past, so that's nothing new

Lizerd, Dr.Doom and Erta Wanderer like this.
  10. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

they also get 1 per turn baseline. And it is still a hell of a lot more reliable than what tzeentch gets. Plus, you only need to trigger one out of 4 events for it to happen. And of course, there might be relics/traits/etc. that also grant extra dice. Overal it's a hell of a lot more than tzeentch's cheat dice generation.

Yeah, they don't make a whole lot of sense as a subset of the sylvaneth. There's nothing in there that's even vaguely animalistic it's all just plants. So even as a new subfaction it'd just stand out. It'd have been fine if they were there from the start but now it's a bit weird. Admittadly you'l eventually get used to it, but it is just a rather massive departure from the established stuff.
    Imho best use would be to make them a seperate faction but they can add sylvaneth into the army using certain keywords or in certain battalions. Similar to how chaos players can stick slaves to darkness units in all their armies.

11. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

if you consider orrucks as a single faction they have 16 as well. ( im not counting the unit for silver tower, and arrow boys and boys are the same unit with a different weapon choice) if you count IJ and Bonesplitterz as separate factions then IJ have a range of 8 (9 with the silver tower) and BS have 8 (9 if you count arrow boys and boys differently)

Dr.Doom and Lizerd like this.
  12. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

By that logic even SCE are rather small.
    liberators and judicators, the various paladins, the various dracoth units, the two vanguard raptors variants (the only unit I know off where weapon choice genuinly gives different points). And that's just sticking to compare units within 1 chamber. If you look across chambers it gets even worse (how different are sequitors and liberators really? or castigators and judicators?). There's quite a lot of units that are extremely similar in there.

Dr.Doom, Lizerd and ILKAIN like this.
  13. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

I agree. to me, model range is actual different models. not just one part switched out. saurus and guard are different because the primary construction of the model is thicker for the guard.... rippers and dons are basically the same... just one carries a rock lol.

Lizerd, ChapterAquila92 and Canas like this.
  14. Womboski
    Temple Guard

Womboski Well-Known Member

They have a spell and another option in a unrealistic battalion. I forget which it is I sold my Tzeentch army and book :(

Dr.Doom and Lizerd like this.
  15. Soinspir
    Skink

Soinspir Member

Ok guys, prepared because we will have a new volume of Seraphon in January ^^

16. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

time stamp TIME STAMP!!! good lord don't just drop a 3 hour video on me. sigh fine give me a bit.

Womboski, Dr.Doom, Lizerd and 2 others like this.
  17. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

ok they first mention it at 7:32 and ends about 10:20

Womboski, Dr.Doom and Lizerd like this.
  18. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

With some luck the new battletome will be as good as the one @Erta Wanderer and I completed. Man I’m excited

19. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

mmm i'm hoping it's better i'm only so so when it comes to rules writing and that was mostly for fun. still it was a blast and i think we did fairly well

20. Lustrian Giant
    Chameleon Skink

Lustrian Giant Well-Known Member

Heres hoping!

Dr.Doom, Erta Wanderer and Lizerd like this.