1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Don't have enough monsters? Or just want to show off your painting skills. Why not try entering the Monster Mash! - Click here for more info.
    Dismiss Notice

Rank the Star Wars Movies from best to worst!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by NIGHTBRINGER, Dec 21, 2017.

1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Trust me, they were filling out their diversity checklist. There is nothing inherently wrong with that, except when the motive behind it is politically driven. You can have a great character from any race or gender, just as you can have a bad one. The reason I dislike Rose is that she was bland and boring. She felt like an unneeded add-on to the film.

2. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Skink Chief

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Well-Known Member

I tend to agree with @NIGHTBRINGER here. Certainly Rose doesn't seem nearly as popular as Chirrut and Baze were with the Asian market, as both of those characters were played by Chinese actors who are very famous over in the Far East, and their characters represented the sorts of roles that those actors normally played in other Chinese films. Baze's actor, Jiang Wen, is a big star of action and historical films, so Baze seemed to be quite a fitting role for him, and similarly Donnie Yen is one of Hong Kong's best actors and martial artists, so again Chirrut was a great representative of the sort of character he has played in his other films.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  3. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning

Generally I agree. I just still give her a few points for not being the usual perfect super hero female.

4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NO POINTS FOR YOU!

[​IMG]

I guess it's a good thing that you are not responsible for assembling sports teams. How did you select your team? These guys got points for not being your typical "athletes"... you know they can't run very fast or jump very high... plus they tire out quickly... that's a bonus! ;)

5. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Skink Chief

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Well-Known Member

This I do agree with. One thing she did well with was that she proved you don't have to be a thin brunette to be a Star Wars heroine.

6. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning

This is not sport, it is entertainment.
    I for one want to see all kinds of people on the screen.

7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Sport is entertainment!

If done well... no problem, awesome, go right ahead. But not diversity for the mere sake of diversity. My argument is not to view it as a detriment, but I don't award points for it either. Does the inclusion add to the film or take away from it? The people are starting to get wise to this.

8. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning

This. And yes many movies and shows overdo it. No question.