1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS NEW *rumor*

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Logan8054, Jan 28, 2019.

1. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

that's insanely game breaking... how does that exist!!

2. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

Even in 40k, where you have like 13 CP at minimum in most games, losing one because of Callidus or Coteaz may hurt a lot. And now they just bring THIS.

Canas, ChapterAquila92 and Imrahil like this.
  3. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

Could it be some for Daughters of Khaine?

Imrahil likes this.
  4. Lambs and Lions
    Chameleon Skink

Lambs and Lions Well-Known Member

Maybe a skink pretending to be a daughter of khaine so he can do blood sacrifices to sotek without raising suspicions.

5. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

those prefer daggers though, not swords this long (either that or this is a dagger with a weirdly large grip and guard :p)

6. Vinosh
    Cold One

Vinosh Well-Known Member

to me it looks like deepkin are getting an underworlds warbrand or sth

Imrahil likes this.
  7. sempthegreat
    Skink

sempthegreat Member

Pretty sure something Soulblight is coming, or FeC.

Canas likes this.
  8. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

I’d say it would be Idoneth, as the sword looks like a cutlass if anything, and the wristband features an Elven swirly symbol which would certainly look out of place on a Vampire.

Given that Idoneth alongside Seraphon and Cities of Sigmar are one of the few Order factions that don’t yet have an Underworlds warband, this makes the most sense.

9. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

The idoneth don't use cutlasses though, they use weapons inspired by tridents & serrated knifes for gutting fish.

Imho soulblight seems most likely, they like elegant weapons with fancy guards like this.

10. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

There’s always a first time, it certainly fits the maritime aesthetic.

No, the wristband has an Elven pattern and Vampires prefer swords with longer, broader guards at the sides and a simpler hilt. This one’s definitely a Vampire sword:
    [​IMG]

It’s much more Gothic, with dents due to being in a grave for a long time. The cutlass by comparison is far too clean and new to be an undead sword. Vampires also have claws like in this picture, so it’s either going to be a Soulblight Vampire or a Flesh Eater Ghoul character (who are also Vampires of a specific bloodline). In fact Flesh-Eater Ghouls more often simply use their claws to tear their enemy apart, so I’m pretty sure this will be a Soulblight Vampire.

What’s more Idoneth deserve an Underworlds warband more than Vampires do, so if Vampires are getting an Underworlds Warband, Idoneth should too if GW have any sense of justice. Vampires are only part of Legions of Nagash, and they already had the Sepulchral Guard, whereas Idoneth are a separate faction in their own right and haven’t had a warband at all yet.

I’ve just had a thought about that Ossiarch weapon that cropped up in a Rumour Engine a while ago - Ossiarch haven’t appeared in Underworlds yet, so I imagine they’ll be coming in this year’s season too.

That means four factions are pretty much confirmed (Idoneth, Seraphon, Ossiarch and Vampires), meaning the other four will probably be a mix of Chaos and Destruction, unless there’s going to be a third Order warband (possibly Lumineth) and/or a third Death warband (extremely unlikely given how few factions they have).

Off the top of my head Slaanesh and Savage Orcs haven’t yet had warbands (the Orc one this time around was a second Ironjawz one, which in my view shouldn’t have been done until they had brought in a Bonesplitterz one), so I imagine they’ll also be likely candidates for warbands this time round, and for the last two I would have a guess at Spiderfang Goblins and Khorne Daemons (the former because they’re the only part of Gloomspite that hasn’t been featured yet and the latter because both of the early-season Khorne warbands featured mortals apart from the Flesh Hound in the Blood Warrior warband).

Imrahil likes this.
  11. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

That is true I guess :p

upload_2020-5-20_18-13-27.png
    This vampire seems to have a very similar sword though :p

The soulblight vampires tend to have properly maintained swords. The one you linked is a FEC sword who indeed have less maintained swords.
    Also, soulblight tends to wear clothes, the one you linked is a naked arm. Which is consistent with FEC as well. It fits in with this particular FEC character as well:

upload_2020-5-20_18-16-32.png
    Naked arm, claws & a badly maintained old weapon.

On the other hand the cutlas is far too clean and fits better with soulblight.

12. Arcanis161
    Skink

Arcanis161 New Member

One of the guys in my gaming group is thinking it's a new model for Sigvald.

13. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

yeah that one's a common suggestion on facebook as well.

14. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Perhaps he’s getting buffed up for when his master/mistress escapes. That would make sense given it looks a lot like the rapier he uses in Warhammer Fantasy.

15. LordBaconBane
    Ripperdactil

LordBaconBane Well-Known Member

Wasn't he smashed to pieces and given a golden shower?

16. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Well.... it is GW...

17. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

I thought he was killed too, but if GW are going to have Slaanesh escape, they may bring him back as Slaanesh’s premier champion.

18. Xuil
    Chameleon Skink

Xuil Well-Known Member

As we now have proof of the GHB 2020 shipping, I’m wondering whether anyone has an idea how recent books are usually treated in the GHB?

I imagine the points values will be lifted directly from our tome and the first change we’ll see will be an errata. There just can’t have been any time between our release and finalising the 2020 points.

That said, some fundamental changes (terrain rules, magic, etc) could affect our lists?

19. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Usually there's a small change in points, some FAQ's & maybe a rewrite of a stupid rule or two (e.g. our RSE placing)

However, we're currently in the fairly weird position that there've not been any real tournaments since the release of our tome. So they won't have any data to base things on. So I doubt much will have changed.

20. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

So let's enjoy salamanders and kroak, while we can.