1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The never-ending battle against woke Hollywood and SJW infused entertainment media [trigger warning]

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by NIGHTBRINGER, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

2. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

[​IMG]

Not with regards to the CCP, but to Musk VS Iger as a whole. Musk is simply saying these things as a publicity stunt to try and win the affections of anti-wokists, as well as preserve the loyalty of those who fawn over him (like, tragically, my country's Prime Minister :().

But he doesn't fool me, it's not going to change my opinion that he's a greedy, mercenary little Ferengi turd. People like him are just as damaging to society as Bob Iger, just in different ways. Both aim to manipulate and control the general population to serve themselves, just that one does so to fill his own pockets and buy his next mansion while the other does so to convert followers to believe in his degenerate ideology - both at the expense of morality and common decency.

Though I can certainly see this happening with female supremacists, I think it's important to bear in mind that this (or the same sort of behaviour at least) will apply to people as a whole, not just women. Plenty of people, male or female, and whatever race they're from, are fickle enough to choose the behaviours that benefit them at any given point in time, simply because they're afraid of what others would think of them if they behaved as their true selves.

I could easily envision that if such an apocalyptic scenario were to occur, there would be a good few 'bad boy' beta males who act macho and think they're the shit when they get their uniforms and start pushing people around when they they start military service, but as soon as they get onto the battlefield and the real fighting begins, they wet their pants and try to desert, or they're the ones who are trying to seduce/rape the local women where they're under no real threat while the actual men are risking their lives for their country.

Weakness exists in individuals of both genders, and both can be just as bad (or good) as each other.

Of course, one's principles and backbone are only truly tested in moments of adversity, and one could say that, with this climate of increasing levels of female supremacist-inspired degeneracy, this is actually the best time to look for a ladylike, sophisticated and feminine girl. Why? Because it allows you to tell apart the fake women who only put on those behaviours in certain situations (and are now servants of the Wokist regime), and those women who have remained true to themselves and are blessed with the knowledge that it is good to appreciate and practice a traditional mindset and lifestyle. Of course the latter are much rarer now, but I'm not going to give up in my search for one.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2023
    NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

5. Scalenex
    Slann

The predominant theory is that the movie is being delayed so they can fix it with reshoots and edits, and maybe rebranding Rachel Zeigler.

I have an alternate theory. Bob Iger is trying to save face with a potential stockholder coup against him. I lost exact count but Disney has four to six big budget flops in a row. Essentially the last big budget movie Disney made that didn't lose money was Guardians of the Galaxy 3. If the new Snow White movie is the seventh flop in a row, it'll look really bad for Bob Iger given that the first Snow White movie is what put Disney on the map as a producer of fine animated films.

If hypothetically, the new Snow White movie flops after one or two movies succeed, it won't be near as humiliating for Bob Iger. Deadpool 3 is probably going to be successful. They might have another movie in the pipeline that can be successful. Especially if they can redefine successful from "makes lots of money" to "makes some money" which at this point is where the goal posts have probably been moved to.

6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

8. Scalenex
    Slann

There seems to be a general trend of entertainment companies merging together.

If Disney is forced to buy a controlling stake in Hulu, that puts Disney+ together. That would also give Universal a lot of cash and they have supposedly been eying buying pieces of Warner Brothers.

And now apparently Paramount and HBO/Discovery are talking about a potential merger. I doubt the merging will result in a renaisance of story focused media rather than "THE MESSAGE" focused media but it MIGHT make streaming more economical.

[​IMG]

I do happen to bounce between HBO Max and Paramount a lot, never having both at the same time to save money. I wouldn't mind having both their catalogs for one fee. I'm not holding my breath.

And we might get another TMNT/Batman crossover which I would not be opposed to. Both the animated film and the graphic novel were very entertaining, not that they were timeless masterpieces or anything.

9. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

10. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

11. Scalenex
    Slann

12. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

13. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

This was a good year for us.

14. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

15. Scalenex
    Slann

In a way, the original Star Wars trilogy was a spiritual successor of Flash Gordon.

I was and still am kind of hoping for a spiritual successor to Star Wars with new IP, but everyone who tries fails.

Jupiter Descending, After Earth, and Mortal Engines were pretty much garbage. I didn't think Elysium was garbage but it was on the low side of mediocre in my opinion. I didn't think John Carter was garbage but marhlect did it have a bloated budget! A lot of time and money was spent creating something mediocre.

I think the way to pull out the Hollywood death spiral is with new IP that takes off, but I have yet to see a good 21st century sci-fi creation.

16. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

17. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

18. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Absolutely agree with the Drinker on this one, it's so easy to see how much of a rehash Rebel Moon is of the OT that it's painful... just like The Farce Awakens!!!!

This plus the fact that the man behind 300 was at the helm means I'm giving this a big pass.

I'd be most interested to see a spiritual successor to the War side of Star Wars, as the Prequels and Rogue One showcased, but I honestly think the campy 'We VS Them' 'Hero takes on the world' theme of the Original and Sequel Trilogies has had its day, as the failure of Rebel Moon shows. It's time some new stories were made that moved away from that.

I personally liked the Mortal Engines film, though I recognise some significant inaccuracies to the book that would have made it significantly better had they been changed. It didn't help either that it thrust the viewer straight into the alternative Earth without much of an explanation as to how it evolved into the post-apocalyptic realm of Traction Cities.

Scalenex likes this.
  19. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I can't wait for this (to bomb)...

20. Scalenex
    Slann

It won't get a chance to flop. It's going to die on the vine. Kathleen Kennedy has announced at least three or four "upcoming projects" that never began shooting, usually without approving the announcement with the Disney executives.

Bob Iger can't or won't fire her but he has stopped her from having real power to green light things.