1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The never-ending battle against woke Hollywood and SJW infused entertainment media [trigger warning]

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by NIGHTBRINGER, Oct 14, 2021.

1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I have a feeling that this one is going to be made. It has been much more heavily reported on than the previous projects and Disney hasn't released a Star Wars movie in years.

2. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I'm going to look at the glass as half full. If Disney makes the movie, I can have schadenfreude from watching the movie flop. If Disney doesn't make the movie, I can have cautious optimism that Disney is trying to course correct.

Either way, I get something I like.

3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

That would be nice, but do you think Disney is at (or near) that stage yet? I think they need to lose a lot more money.

5. Scalenex
    Slann

I think when they take corrective action, it will be too little, too late. So I believe that they will continue to lose money even if they course correct.

Who am I kidding, there is no "they" there is Bob Iger. Bob Iger has a handpicked a team of Yes Men and Yes Women. Nothing happens without Bob's say so.

But who knows, maybe Iger won't even try to course correct. Midnight's Edge has some interesting analysis. He basically explains how if you back an idealogue into a corner, they will double down out of spite. He seems to believe that Iger probably won't shut down that misandrist would-be director.

Midnight's Edge is usually correct with their prediction. I guess I guess between you and ME, I can change my estimate from 50/50 chance of this movie dying on the vine or flopping in theaters to 80/20 in favor of flopping.

6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Unless Bob is struck down from within. His power is great, but not absolute. Eventually some key shareholders might come along and shake things up.

That said, does it even matter?
    • If they change course and create great movies... we get entertainment
    • If they maintain course and keep producing crappy movies... they keep failing, and hence, we get entrainment

As long as the people reject the woke filth, we can't lose.

7. Scalenex
    Slann

agreed, other than the spelling error.

8. BrotherSutek
    Terradon

BrotherSutek Well-Known Member

The shareholders will have to see serious loss for any in the internal Disney to change course. There is still a willingness to lose money to send the message they want and it shows in their last dozen products released.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  9. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

This is true, but the over one billion dollar loss that Disney suffered in the 2023 box office is a good start!

BrotherSutek likes this.
  10. Scalenex
    Slann

There is a problem in that most normal people invest in mutual funds. Most people who technically own Disney stock have less than 0.5% of their investments in Disney. If their stock plummets they might not notice or care because the other 99.5% of their holdings makes up for the loss.

Mutual funds are good because they let non-rich people diversify their holdings but they are bad in that the managers of mutual funds are essentially managing other people's money.

When you are in charge of other people's money, you aren't directly punished if you do something stupid with it. One of the problems with corporate wokeism is because Blackrock and Vanguard have been huge fans of Diversity Inclusion and Equity. Vanguard has backpedaled, but Blackrock has not.

Blackrock is super big on on investing in China, so I divested my funds from them long ago. I asked my financial manager to drop Vanguard about a year ago. Vanguard has backpedaled on DIE, but they haven't admitted they were wrong or done anything big to make up for their past sins. It was a quiet backpedal.

Anyway, Blackrock and Vanguard are two of the biggest wealth managers in the world, so they have have been shielding companies from the "Go Broke" part of of "Get Woke".

BrotherSutek likes this.
  11. BrotherSutek
    Terradon

And as long as the World Economic forum likes that message they are unlikely to change.

12. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

13. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

14. BrotherSutek
    Terradon

This hits a little close to home. I had a...person at work say this. When I asked why they were I was immediately told that they weren't I was and they didn't care for my micro aggressive comments. Did I wake up in the twilight zone? Did I miss the crazy pills they are slipping in my food?

15. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

16. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

17. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

18. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

19. Scalenex
    Slann

[​IMG]

So Disney has been winning the prize for most high budget flop movies lately and Warner/Discovery has held a respectable close second.

I forgot Sony Pictures is still technically a movie studio. They made a lot of money with Into the Spiderverse, but Sony said "I want to woke flop too!"

20. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Sony just wants to be included too! :D

Scalenex likes this.