1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you doing today hobbywise?

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Lord-Marcus, Feb 8, 2018.

1. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

Built the start of my first assault squad and legion praetor, all with magnetized jetpacks, for my Horus Heresy Night Lords.

20210619_210144.jpg

Praetor (100pts)
    • Master-Crafted Nostraman Chainglaive (+30pts)
    • Artificer Armour
    • Trophies of Judgement (+5pts)
    • Digital Lasers (+15pts)
    • Melta Bombs (+5pts)
    • Jump Pack (+20pts)
    Assault Squad (175pts)
    • Veteran Sergeant
      • Artificer Armour (+10pts)
      • Bolt Pistol
      • Nostraman Chainglaive (+10pts)
      • Melta Bombs (+5pts)
    • 9x Assault Marines
      • 1x Power Sword (+10pts)
      • 1x Power Axe (+10pts)
      • 7x Chainswords
      • 9x Bolt Pistols
      • 9x Melta Bombs (+45pts)
    Total: 440pts

I'm rather amused that just these two units alone cost nearly 500pts.

Imrahil and Lizards of Renown like this.
  2. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

Re-based 10 metal stormvermin I had laying around, in addition to building a Punga Miniatures Warpfire Thrower team.

3. rychek
    Troglodon

rychek Active Member

Primed a metal Carnosaur, primed a Sunblood and working on basecoating a Celestant Prime.

4. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

Did a lot of priming yesterday on a load of infantry minis:
    • 3 Underworlds warbands (Skaven, Gloomspite, and daughters of Khaine)
    • 20 clanrats
    • 10 assorted dwarves
    • Belegar
    • cogsmith
    • Dark elf assassin
    • ogre tyrant
    • ninja!Maneater and gnoblar sidekick
    • 4 night goblin fanatics
    • 6 tzaangors
    • Nurglite chaos champion
    • Baby griffon from the Empire General kit.
    I also affected repairs on a few models:
    • Tau fireblade (bonding blade hand had fallen off)
    • Tauric demigryph knight (alspeiss blade had fallen off; superglued onto preexisting pin in a more combat-ready position)
    • Tzaangor skyfire (disk broke off stand, arrow bent forward of bow)
    • Tzaangor enlightened (chaos fish broke off stand)
    Also on a lark later on, I decided to deep dive the internet looking for any more unofficial WFRP content by Naggaroth Anon, the writer of the unofficial 4e Greenskins, Nehekhara, and Vampires supplements. Lo and behold, there was content for both Naggaroth (imagine that!) and Ulthuan.

5. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Bought a hardback copy of the First Edition Kharadron Battletome today, pretty much as new, for charity at a discount price. Looking forward to reading this!
    F6B68E35-E83B-4F05-A32B-8803AEEFB90D.jpeg

6. Christopher
    Terradon

Christopher Well-Known Member

Going to the local Warhammer shop to purchase the new Core Rulebook, the General's Handbook 2021 and associated Pitched Battles Profiles, Lord Kroak, and a Realmshaper Engine. While I'm there I'll order another Skink Priest since she'll certainly not have one in stock. Then I'll read, and if I get ambitious, clean off my hobby bench, which is currently covered in my gardening stuff.

7. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Today i did my first 3.0 game.
    Expect a Bat Rep asap ;)

8. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

I went down to my GW store and picked up my copy of Dominion. I also added on the General's Handbook, a Ironjawz Warboss, and an Ironjawz Start Collecting box. Now I just need to find time to build and paint them...

9. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

10. Christopher
    Terradon

And it's a great one so far!

I'm going to continue to read the Core Rulebook and transform my workbench back from a gardening bench to a hobbying bench.

11. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

Spent yesterday building most of my Ironjawz SC Box and my Megaboas. This morning, I took them out and primed them. Now I need to find time to paint them and build and prime the last unit in the box, the gore-gruntas.

12. Christopher
    Terradon

I'm just spending money. Since I'm going to be hosting a monthly game day (and the occasional one off with one opponent in the same space), I guess I need terrain!

I already have the stuff that came from the first Warcry box and the faction terrain, the Realmshaper Engine. So, I ordered the Wyldwood of Ghyran (which looks to me like it's just three normal Wyldwoods in one box), the Dominion of Sigmar: Shattered Temple, Walls & Fences, the Skull Altar, and the Azyrite Shattered Plaza. Oh, and some Terradons.

Which, if we use the Wyldwood as three pieces of terrain and get two pieces out of the Warcry stuff, I should have nine pieces (not counting Walls & Fences, which I gather don't actually do much as terrain). And nine pieces should be enough on the newly shortened tables, I think.

I have a one off game versus Ossiarch Bonereapers on the 18th of this month. I think I'll do well to get all this stuff assembled by then, much less primed! Especially since I've got a lot of building and painting to do for my actual army!

Oh, today I'm also working on my army list, which I've been tinkering with for days now.

13. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

While I'm not into AoS, the terrain sounds interesting. I'll check it out.

14. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

Finally got around to some actual painting beyond priming this deployment.

20210707_210524.jpg

20210707_210537.jpg
    It truly is amazing what you can do just with washes.

The beard and hair were done using Casandora Yellow and Fuegan Orange, while the skin was little more than Reikland Fleshshade.

Since taking the photo, I've done some basing, including the dragon head statue (Basilicanum Grey), and worked on the axeheads.

20210707_210601.jpg 20210707_210611.jpg
    I liked the idea of having the gryphon cub figurine matching the colors of my family crest and ran with it.

Like the raven feathers I've done previously with my Corvus Cabal, two rounds with Nuln Oil and one round of Drakenhof Nightshade.

Still don't know what scheme I want to do with the high elf mage.

The dwarves furthest along happen to be those currently used in the WFRP campaign I'm running.

15. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Heresy, how can you betray your beloved Fyreslayers?

Kidding aside, that is in a very good condition, good score!!
    I like that cover art.

Have a good read.

Grrr, Imrahil

16. Christopher
    Terradon

I repaired my Bastilodon with Solar Engine as best as I was able to. It got knocked off a table at a local tournament a couple of years ago and has been sitting in a box ever since with the engine detached and one of the Skink's spears broken off. I used Loc-tite superglue to reattach the engine and it seems pretty stable. I couldn't find anything close to the Skink's spear in my bits bin so I wound up cutting down a spear from an unused Saurus Warrior arm. It looks pretty huge but I kind of like it.

I also sorted out the sprues for the sixteen Saurus Knights I want to build next. I may get started on those tonight but I'm hosting a drinks party from 5 to 6:30 at my shared workspace and that might not be a good idea. I can only get so far with half of them because I'm waiting on appropriate bases for them. A friend gave me a red box of them he'd had forever and they had rectangular bases provided.

17. rychek
    Troglodon

rychek Active Member

I'm working on building the SCE from the Dominion box. I need them for my battle against the Nighthaunt this weekend.

Christopher and Imrahil like this.
  18. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

I finished painting the tile floor of my Minas Tirith Building. And did a 'Primer' on the inside walls.

Grrr, Imrahil

19. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

More figurines on the painting assembly line.

20210709_165720.jpg

Perusing through the collection I brought with me on deployment, I had a few odds and ends from friends who no longer collect. Among them included metal wardancers, wood elf rangers, and a warlock-engineer with a raised warplock pistol, all of which in desperate need of a stripping and repaint.

A vigorous bath and scrub using isopropyl alcohol and a used tooth brush later, I cleaned them up enough to make out the original details, and got the wood elf figurines primed (the Warlock-engineer is missing his right arm).

I also picked out some really old Dragon Lords tabletop minis (officially licensed by TSR) I lucked out in buying for $10 CDN a few years ago for some variety.

20210709_231753.jpg 20210709_231808.jpg

This guy was a blast to do with ink washes alone. The metallic parts of his armour were done with airbrush-formulated Leadbelcher and Tamiya Gold Leaf trim before giving both a Nuln Oil wash.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
  20. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

I had some time to myself this afternoon, so I pulled mybpaints out. I put some basecoats and washed on seven of my 'ardboyz and on the Megaboss on foot.