1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you doing today hobbywise?

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Lord-Marcus, Feb 8, 2018.

1. bOdziO Wolf
    Ripperdactil

bOdziO Wolf Well-Known Member

Got back from vacations yesterday. Boy, I missed my paints. Doing some "texture" work on dragon wings, namely adding some plating with illusion of depth, its fun and it gets quicker and quicker each part :)

Lizards of Renown likes this.
  2. Christopher
    Terradon

Christopher Well-Known Member

I just built my first model in two years! Saurus Alpha Knight. Now another one of those guys, then three drummers, three icon bearers, and seven knights with celestite spears! Have to get all those built AND a scar-vet on carnosaur in the next week just to field gray against my first 3.0 opponent!

3. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

I went to the store and bought my last two boxes of warbands from Beastgrave. I've also been doing little bits here and there on my Iron Jawz SC box.

Imrahil likes this.
  4. Christopher
    Terradon

I got all my Knights built and primed (finished last night). Tonight I'm going to try to get as much of a Scar-Vet on Carnie built as I can. Tomorrow is terrain day.

5. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

Finally started painting my Van Saar gang in earnest today. There'd been a lot of MCU movies being played recently onboard in the rec room, so I did what felt natural for a tech-heavy Necromunda gang:

20210717_231340.jpg 20210717_231403.jpg

I may just rename them from the Skulljack Uplinks to the Iron Spiders (Because Van Saar) and parody the names of Iron Man characters for each of the gang members.

With any luck, I'll have these 6 starting gang members done before the end of my ship's upcoming visit to Auckland. The remaining 10 I've also built, as well as the Am-bot, I can work on as required.

6. Christopher
    Terradon

I'm going to finish building a Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur then build terrain all dang day.

7. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Finished draft 1 of my short story for the contest, going to buy some sand online to finish my Hierotitan and am looking for a new project...

8. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

A very busy person! I approve.

9. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Grazie signore! :D

10. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

Haven't done much in terms of miniatures, unless painting a fully sculpted from scratch model on a miniature base counts.
    Seeing some of the new Warhammer models Kruelboyz made me think of my Rourvuk Carrion, finally a giant carrion bird. Before I had to work with a Terrorgheist! So maybe I might be dusting these guys off for a new version. I actually still have leftover Ghouls from the batch years before, just needing greenstuff and painting.

11. Christopher
    Terradon

I'm going to unpack from my game yesterday and write a battle report. After dinner.

12. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Awesome! I look forward to seeing him finished! Post a link to your blog when he’s fully painted and based

What would that be I wonder? That new army you were tempted to start, or just a new unit for an existing one?

Yes that Vulture is a magnificent (if crazily expensive-looking) model, and a great one for you to adapt for your Rourvuk Carrion. You still haven’t written any rules for them as far as I can remember, I’d like to see you have a go with the Warscroll Maker, especially as 2nd Edition is drawing to a close. It’d be a shame for you to miss out on the opportunity to write some last-minute 2nd Ed Rules before 3rd really sets in.

13. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

That is true I still haven't done any rules yet, I think it's the moment of careful thinking, I know room for improvement is a thing but I like to carefully balance things from the start.
    Mostly focusing on that small bit of fluff writing and model building, lack of time is a thing at the moment. Haven't played a game in a long time but it could still be a possibility to write some rules if I ever get time. I still haven't picked up the 3rd edition book yet.
    So models are higher on the list, to think I still have piles of other miniatures to build :D

14. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

15. Noxolotl
    Cold One

Noxolotl Well-Known Member

Just finished my high end engineered arm for a character plus sanded off some bits for my cold ones. I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow ;)

Imrahil and Lizards of Renown like this.
  16. Christopher
    Terradon

What a day. But I may get out all of these contrast paints I've been collecting and actually paint up a test Saurus Knight with them to see how it goes.

17. xoid
    Terradon

xoid Well-Known Member

I primed 4 Saurus Guards, 4 Kroxigors, a bastilidon, a carnasaur, and the realm shaper engine.

I made a copy of the score sheet from the General's Handbook 2021 and got it laminated, to have something to help track all the points you can get at different times in 3.0.

This evening I plan to glue my skinks on my stegadon and engine of the gods, now that everything is painted, and start working on figuring out how I'm going to magnitize the skink chief and the Skystreak Bow and Sunfire throwers so I can use him in various configurations.

18. Imrahil
    Slann

Basing Citadel Guards:

20210722_204441.jpg

Grrr, Imrahil

19. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

I've been busy, so I haven't posted, but I've been getting a bit done. I finished building my Ironjawz Start Collecting box and one of the Underworlds sets. I also painted the Megaboss on for and did some work on a few of the 'ardboyz and the warchanter.
    20210721_071538.jpg

20. Imrahil
    Slann