1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you doing today hobbywise?

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Lord-Marcus, Feb 8, 2018.

1. WildColonial Boy
    Bastiladon

WildColonial Boy Well-Known Member

My lovely wife bought me the new Army Painter fanatic mega paint set. 50 pots, a brush and an mdf rack. Put the rack together and sorted the paints. Can't wait to start using them.

BrotherSutek and Imrahil like this.
  2. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

I bought four square bases' worth of teeny tiny 6mm Necrons (originally 'Chaos Androids' from the early editions of Epic 40K, developed at a time when nobody had thought it would be cooler to reinvent them as a Xenos race yet) for £2.

I seem to be staring down another hobby rabbit hole.

3. BrotherSutek
    Ripperdactil

BrotherSutek Well-Known Member

I saw some really nice IG for Epic, thank God my real life bills showed up to remind me no one is playing Epic. I loved the game when I tried it many years ago at Historicon but haven't been able to drum up any support in my area. Same with Warmaster, although I am building a Dogs of War army for that...and possibly a Greenskins one. I think I have a problem.

4. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

Tk'ya'pyk Well-Known Member

Sounds like the problem is not enough other players in your area interested in those games.... :D Though if that is the case, I have the same problem.

5. BrotherSutek
    Ripperdactil

The great purge took many to Flames of War and they never returned. The last few years a few moved to Middle Earth and an occasional venture into Kings of War. Sadly none of those games interest me. Blood and Plunder is starting so I'll have that and rarely I get a 7th or 8th fantasy game in. 40k other than a very rare game of 7th, with no decurian rules, is fun but otherwise the new game is disliked. 30k has been ok but the new edition killed my drive for Solar Auxilia as the new rules are terrible right now. Hopefully we can drum up some interest and I can find more time.

Tk'ya'pyk and ChapterAquila92 like this.
  6. WildColonial Boy
    Bastiladon

WildColonial Boy Well-Known Member

20211130_125033.jpg Spent the weekend at The Cane Toad Cup, a Brisbane NAF Blood bowl tournament.
    I took an orc team (which I don't normally play - only because I had a good display base for them.)
    Finished with 1 win, 2 draws and 2 losses. A pitiful 31st out of 43. But I had a great time. Got an honourable mention in the best painted team.
    It was a great event. Haven't been to a BB event for over 15 years. Will be attending again next year for sure. Chris who organised it did a fantastic job with some great prizes. I got a double sided neoprene Cane Toad cup BB board, quality is excellent
    "Black Sabborc"

BrotherSutek, Imrahil and Realjuan like this.
  7. Krox_v.2
    Razordon

Krox_v.2 Well-Known Member

Bought copies of Warhammer Chronicles/Annuals 2003 and 2004 to expand my WFB 6th edition collection

Last edited: Jun 18, 2024 at 6:12 PM
  8. Realjuan
    Cold One

Realjuan Well-Known Member

I played a mission of Defiance, was nice to do some hobby stuff.

WildColonial Boy likes this.
  9. BrotherSutek
    Ripperdactil

Broke my steady stream of repainting my Tomb Kings by working on some Warriors of Chaos. Also may or may not have done some work on my Blood Bowl Halfling team and a bit of work on my Asarnil the Dragonlord...also touched up a few Death Guard for my HH army. I really need to focus. Oh hey look terrain I'm working on for Warhammer Quest!

WildColonial Boy and Imrahil like this.
  10. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

Tk'ya'pyk Well-Known Member

This entire sentiment sounds like my life. Isn't ADHD fun? :D

Loved Asarnil. I remember painting him back in the heady days of 5th edition, when the Dogs of War army were the new kids in the game and all of the bases were covered in goblin green paint and flocking... :D

BrotherSutek likes this.
  11. BrotherSutek
    Ripperdactil

He's one of the last models I need for my Dogs of War. Not all I want mind you! I'm a masochist so I use cobblestone like bases for my Empire and Dogs of War, it looks great but adds quite a lot to the workload. Dogs of War isn't my favorite to play but it is my favorite model line by a wide margin.

12. J.Logan
    Skink

J.Logan Member

Latest I am doing today, hobbywise:

Going through my unpainted masses and slapping on a basic paint job, in order of how long I've had them. Today's special is from when I first started kitbashes and conversions. I present to you my kitbash from 6/7 years ago:

[​IMG]
    It's Duke Nukem! No, wait... it's his less successful brother, Puke Nukem! This picture fails to capture how cartoonishly disproportionate his arms are to the rest of his body - Wyrd Games legs and torso, Catachan arms, third-party head that I think(?) is Victoria Miniatures.

Sorry, I had to share, so that we may laugh at terrible Duke Nukem together.

13. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

To be fair, he probably encapsulates some real-world bodybuilders pretty well :D

WildColonial Boy and J.Logan like this.