1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you doing today hobbywise?

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Lord-Marcus, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Realjuan
    Cold One

Realjuan Well-Known Member

Got another game of Memoir 44...already 2 meets completed. Looking good

Tk'ya'pyk and Killer Angel like this.
  2. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Fun game

Realjuan likes this.
  3. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

I don't believe it... have they actually listened to an idea I originally suggested on the Legion forum and trialled some Dragonborn/Dragon Men?

Except... they're too well-armoured (perhaps consider splitting the torsos from the legs and giving options for armoured and unarmoured torsos) and look to be infantry-size, rather than Monstrous Infantry :shifty:. Sounds more like a coincidence rather than them seeing my thread and realising I had a good idea up my sleeve.

My original thread: https://wargamesatlantic.com/commun.../monstrous-infantry-size-dragonborndragon-men

4. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

No these came about as a combination of different things.

Also, in their lore they are defenders of the dragons, so II tend to think of them like DnD paladins or templars.

5. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

Tk'ya'pyk Well-Known Member

...Dragonarmy Engineering Corps under Colonel Kang may be in my future...

Lord-Marcus likes this.
  6. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

7. J.Logan
    Cold One

J.Logan Well-Known Member

Just primed a Tartarus Terminator from the old Burning of Prospero box, and am experimenting with how to get a nifty Thousand Suns terminator before i move on to the other four. Naturally, I'll be doing it in the nice 40K era blue, because that is such a nice shade of blue.

BrotherSutek likes this.
  8. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

Recently brought this to a game:

Seraphon - Sunclaw Starhost

General's Regiment
    - Saurus Oldblood on Foot (Reptilian Cunning, Incandescent Rectrices)
    - 20x Saurus Warriors
    - 20x Saurus Warriors
    - 20x Saurus Warriors

Regiment
    - Skink Oracle on Troglodon
    - Bastiladon with Ark of Sotek
    - 3x Kroxigors
    - 5x Hunters of Huanchi with Dartpipes

Total: 2000pts

Given how the game went over the course of 1.5 rounds (my Ironjawz opponent conceded in the middle of the first combat phase of Turn 2), I could have instead gone with Thunderquake Starhost and would barely have changed a thing about the army I was using.

The biggest takeaway I had from the game is that Ironjawz fall afoul of the debuff game way too hard.

Saurus Warriors, even left on their own and not contesting an objective (can't really do that against Ironjawz anyway, mind you), are tanky enough to hold their own against even big monsters. 340pts of 40 wounds with 41 3+/3+/1/1 attacks and 4+ saves (all before buffs) easily made them among the most terrifying units on the table.

The Trog didn't last more than the first turn as it got trounced by multiple units (including a maw-krusha), but in that single combat round it had been the focus of many more points than it had any right to attract, and even debuffed two of the three units that charged it with Noxious Roar. At the very least, it provided enough support as a 280pt monster-mounted wizard to be a reasonably effective distraction carnifex.

The Ark of Sotek was middling at best, really, which isn't surprising when its main attraction is 20 4+/5+/-/1 attacks with mortals on crits (3 mortals and 2-3 regular wounds is its average output, not including the d3 mortal wounds it can inflict on up to 3 enemy units within 9" *before it even fights*). A good tar pit all the same with its 2+ save, but you'd get a lot more use out of it with the Thunderquake Starhost battle formation and maybe the Itzl asterism (I went with Sotek as my first one in that game). Even then though, if you can spare an additional 20pts, you're probably better off taking a Solar Engine instead.

Beyond that, the rest of the army didn't really get much action to make a good judgement call on the units. Kroxigors didn't even get to see their time in the sun, as did the Saurus Oldblood on foot who spent the entire game running to keep up with other units. Even the Hunters didn't get to see much action beyond seizing a battle tactic objective and applying a -1 to wound debuff on a unit of ragers.

9. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

Um, let me see... I'm building Ironjawz (slowly - got my cabbage dragon done, now I need to build 5 brutes, 1 megaboss on foot, and 3 wrekkaz)... got some Lego to tinker with, and sourced some secondhand HO locomotives on ebay for a reasonable price. Need to strip off of the lettering and the numbers to redo them, but they should work for what I have planned...

10. WildColonial Boy
    Bastiladon

WildColonial Boy Well-Known Member

Nobody expects....
    This arrived yesterday.
    Guess I'll be getting rather silly over the next few days off.
    20240805_064448[1].jpg
    20240805_064421[1].jpg

11. Killer Angel
    Slann

12. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

WHeeeeeeeeeeeelllllp, guess I better order that soon... :D

13. WildColonial Boy
    Bastiladon

Next up will be the 2 Iron Maiden boxes with "Eddie" minis.

BrotherSutek likes this.
  14. Killer Angel
    Slann

I have that one! :D

15. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

Got some Ardboyz. I'm collecting a pile of Ironjawz models to assemble and tinker with in preparation for the week of August 19th... when I go in for a minor surgery. They're stripping varicose veins from my right leg, and I'll be chair-ridden for a week, on strict orders to walk around as little as possible. Right now I have 5 brutes, a biggie piggie, 3 wrekkaz, and 10 ardboyz waiting to be assembled.

16. WildColonial Boy
    Bastiladon

Hope the surgery goes well. Get some painting done.

17. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

I hope it will too. I doubt I'll get a lot of painting done since they need assembly before priming and I'll be forbidden from climbing stairs to the garage

18. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

You could glue them and brush-prime them in your house? Unless the Mrs doesn't like you using glue and paint in the house...

19. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Finally got some Gors for my Beastmen a couple of days ago... some second-hand Tzaangor models that I've more recently kitbashed with a load of second-hand weapons (mostly from the Chaos Marauders kit) to make some AHW Gors.

Tk'ya'pyk, - Q - and Imrahil like this.
  20. - Q -
    Slann

- Q - Well-Known Member

Sounds like a fun project. I look forward to seeing it!