1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you doing today hobbywise?

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Lord-Marcus, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

Somewhat the ames. Today was some family time, but I'm aiming to prep more models in between that and messing around on the Warhammer online private server

2. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

I is going to take photos...

Lord-Marcus likes this.
  3. Christopher
    Terradon

Christopher Well-Known Member

Got my Skink Starpriest mostly painted. Just a couple of things to do to the base treatment. Tomorrow the heavy lifting starts--bigger models than any I've painted before.

Lord-Marcus likes this.
  4. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Any pictures?

5. Christopher
    Terradon

Lord-Marcus likes this.
  6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

I am building some 40k lists, around my newly acquired adeptus mechanicus army.

I also want to try a 2000 pts "big robot list" (adeptus w grey knights), with a techpriest, a datasmith, 2 Kastelan robots, 2 Onager dunecrawler, an imperial knight and a grandmaster on Dreadknight with 3 Dreanoughts... :D

7. Christopher
    Terradon

After I’m finished with paying work today (something I must admit I’ve been neglecting in favor of painting), I’m going to try to batch paint my three Ripperdactyls, or at least get a good solid start on them. I’ve worked up the color schemes I’m going to use, more or less.

8. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

Still having the deep thought on the new themed army with the Seraphon. Whether to give them like scavenged weapons and that. Then it's the whole pinning depending on the choice of weapon.

Lord-Marcus likes this.
  9. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

So the goblin green army painter spray was a rousing success. It is either matching the green I use as my lizards basecoat or is slightly off. It's literally half a shade, if at all.

All that gets wiped away by the fact I green wash the basecoat. So it's a perfect spray for my lizards! Saving me valuable painting time!

Christopher and Crowsfoot like this.
  10. Christopher
    Terradon

I wound up barely touching my paints yesterday—just wasn’t feeling it. I painted the rubble/rock features that my Ripperdactyls’ elevation columns are set in to completion, and that was it. Also finished writing up the paint scheme for those guys.

I did work on my “battle folder,” which is the file I make for each game, consisting of the Rules and FAQs on one side and print outs of all the Warscrolls I’m using on the other. Also included is a list of reminders and tactical ideas that I generate as I study the Warscrolls and solicit tips and advice here.

I forgot that I have my writing critique group tonight, so I won’t get a ton done today either. But I do plan to put in a couple of hours work on the Rippers this afternoon.

11. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Chris, may I ask what you do for a living? You seem to have double my free time allotment per day.

12. Christopher
    Terradon

Sure! I’m a freelance writer of science fiction and fantasy novels and stories for children and adults. I also do other types of freelance writing and editing on the side. My free time is feast or famine. Right now I’m kind of between deadlines, a happy coincidence with this League I’m painting and planning for.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  13. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

I completely understand. Thanks for answering my question. I have a follow-up:

Do you sell your books anywhere? Do you have an excerpt available, preferably something fantastical.

14. Christopher
    Terradon

I’m “traditionally published” so my in-print stuff is available wherever books are sold in the USA. Right now, that consists of three books. Several years back I wrote a novel in Wizards of the Coast’s Forgotten Realms line which is, I believe, now only available electronically and as an audio book. It was titled Sandstorm. Last year, a collection of my short stories titled Telling the Map was released and got a lot of great reviews. Also last year, the first in a middle-grade fantasy series my wife and I are writing together for HarperCollins came out, The Supernormal Sleuthing Service: The Lost Legacy. The paperback of that one releases next month, as well as the hardcover of volume two, The Sphinx’s Secret.

Several of my short stories are available online.

Here’s a science fiction story called “The Contrary Gardener.”

Here’s a fantasy story called “Jack of Coins.”

I write as Christopher Rowe, because that’s my actual name. I’ve been a finalist for the Hugo, Nebula, and World Fantasy Awards.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread!

Crowsfoot likes this.
  15. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Going to be working on putting some miniatures together based on of the doodles I did from last. Let's see how this goes.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  16. Christopher
    Terradon

Having hit my word count goal for the day, I have just primed the ten Skinks I lacked in order to field a unit of 40 next week. Now I'm off to GW to pick up my orders: a Skink Priest with Feathered Cloak, a box of Saurus Warriors, and a Balewind Vortex. When I get home, I'll finish basing the Ripperdactyl I painted yesterday, build and prime the Skink Priest, and paint...something. So much needs to be painted!

Xasto and Lord-Marcus like this.
  17. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

You can do it!

Today on the Lord Marcus show:

Filling orders
    Fufilling writing obligation
    Laundry!
    Either building some lizard-men models or painting some.

@NIGHTBRINGER and you all decide for me

18. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Still partially building these models ready for some greenstuff work. Takes forever to saw things, got another 4 to go.

19. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Painting some Lizards!

20. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

So it is written, so it shall be