1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you doing today hobbywise?

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Lord-Marcus, Feb 8, 2018.

1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I look forward to the pictures!

2. Christopher
    Terradon

Christopher Well-Known Member

My Skink Priest with Feathered Cloak isn't coming in until tomorrow, apparently, so there's a plan that didn't survive contact with the enemy. Or with FedEx, at least.

3. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

Plans don't survive first contact. At all. Lol

4. Christopher
    Terradon

In much better news, the shop manager just contacted me with the news that my Week Two scheduled game is at 4:30 PM a week from tomorrow. So I have seven days of painting to complete my list. Candlemas is saved! (Also, I'm not playing the Death guy who always rolls over me!) Off to the workbench!

5. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

Got another couple layers on my rippers. I'm also hoping to get a game in, but not sure if I'll be able to. We'll see.

6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

The ultimate hero or villain.

7. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

Another day of sawing miniatures, just two left to do.
    Waiting on the good old Saurus miniatures to come. Did wanted to go an get some more Skinks today but opening times and I'm not 100% today, maybe next week.

8. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I started painting my Sunblood last night.
    I don't like it so far. :(
    Will try to save it tonight.

9. Christopher
    Terradon

Good luck, Aginor! I bet it'll turn out great!

After work today, I'll run to the shop and pick up my Skink Priest (assuming FedEx isn't being tricksy with their delivery time estimate). I'll build it when I get home--I get the impression it's not a complicated build. No hope of priming today because of the weather, so I'll either paint my last five Skinks or a Ripperdactyl.

Aginor likes this.
  10. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Got the Saurus Knights and the rest of the bird ghouls filled in with greenstuff. Now the thought on to give the Saurus blades or lances, they always benefit well from the lances but hmmmmmm.

11. Christopher
    Terradon

Today I finished painting the final five Skinks I need for my Escalation League, and primed my new Skink Priest. Tonight I may get started on my last two Ripperdactyls, but we'll see.

12. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

Finished my Rippers and got more paint on my orange warriors.

13. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

I decided that in between filing for unemployment updating my resume and then in putting new applications I'm going to paint to distract myself from existential dread

14. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Might be spraying some bird ghouls today, hopefully on the start on getting the rest done so that will be a unit of 10. Need to go on a bit hunt for more Tzaangor heads, I have counted three, not enough for 20 ghouls. I did order some but they must of got lost in the mail, I tried contacting but their contact system doesn't work well :(

Padre likes this.
  15. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Today I'm gonna test my brand new Adeptus Mechanicus army. Against 'Nids.

Crowsfoot and Padre like this.
  16. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Trying to think how to build my Skinks, obvious choices are Boltspitters and bucklers. I wonder about pure melee Skinks, I know they won't do well and don't get seen much but hmmmm.

Crowsfoot and Padre like this.
  17. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Started painting the undead bird lady, got two colours down and both shaded. Mostly the flesh and skulls.
    Me and my sister having that daily classic Tomb Raider discussion, she's the collector (even though she sold the games, I was able to get Chronicles from her) and I also have a few things myself but I'm more into the story and all. Of course the conversation sparking inspiration as usual.

Converted miniature to look like this guardian from the 4th game anyone? Shame how GW don't do TK anymore....
    Guardian2.jpg

Aginor likes this.
  18. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

Mostly finished five of my first twenty Saurus. I just have basing shields and maybe another wash, then weapons, details, shields, and basing on the other fifteen.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  19. little-myth
    Carnasaur

I want to put blades on my Saurus centaurs (that's what I have nicknamed them) but if using the Saurus Knights rules, they would benefit more from the lances. Oh how design and that conflicts with the rules. Question of do I want the possible buff if I charge?

Also still working on that guardian idea from yesterday, possible closest model is a Mournfang, but all the fur. I could do a full sculpt but I would like some base to work with. Plus it will be that slight bit GW haha

Padre and Crowsfoot like this.
  20. Christopher
    Terradon

This morning before breakfast I put the final touches on my Skink Priest and wrote out the color scheme for my Troglodon. After work, I'll get started on the big boy. I have until Thursday at 4:30 to get it done (of course life responsibilities like work, eating, family time, and sleep are eating up a bunch of that interim period, grumble grumble.) ;)

Padre likes this.