1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Raising Awareness of the CCP in the news [POLITICAL]

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Scalenex, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I had a coworker who said that Hong Kongers basically got what they deserved because they supported Trump.

That basically could have come verbatim from a CCP English language propaganda outlet.

It takes a false premise (they didn't actually support Trump) and uses twisted logic (Trump is Hitler so anyone who supports Trump is an evil authoritarian) to draw an erroneous conclusion (the CCP's authoritarian oppression is justified because their enemies are worse authoritarians).

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

They still do, both claim that they (and only they) are China.

Of course I don't know much about the US market but here in Germany it was 95% Taiwan when it said "Made in China" and labels saying "Made in Taiwan" were _very_ rare. Products made in China said "Made in PRC" in the 1990s and even in the early 2000s.

It has changed to a certain degree, but there still are many Taiwanese companies (including some I work with) that still use "Made in China".

Also, I guess you are aware that even a lot of products "Made in USA" have a large amount of the work done and resources bought from China. Same for stuff from Europe, sadly. Almost all big German companies have Chinese partners as well. It is quite hard to draw the line.

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.
  3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

4. Scalenex
    Slann

This is true, but I'm going to do my best to find the line and I encourage everyone else to do so as well.

As far as I can tell, the best way to defeat the CCP is to starve them of money. This is something that even ordinary people can contribute to. As far as I'm concerned, avoiding giving money to the CCP is better for the planet Earth than fastidious recycling.

5. Scalenex
    Slann

A win is a win. And I think the United States (and every western country) would be fools not to make immigration very easy from Hong Kong.

Maybe it's a fluke, but I hope this means that the CCP's education system is finally collapsing under the weight of a bad ideology.

Chinese culture has many positive things to contribute as demonstrated by how Taiwan elevated itself and how Hong Kong used to be, Chinese cultural values wedded to a government that prioritizes freedom is potent. But unfortunately the CCP is strangling everything positive out of traditional Chinese culture.

Taiwan and Hong Kong have very little in terms of natural resources. They because classified as "Economic Tigers of Asia" through their people.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

7. Paradoxical Pacifism
    Skink Chief

Paradoxical Pacifism Well-Known Member

Pretty much impossible boycotting this since economies around the world are so integrated. And companies are under no obligation to disclose to the public how much resources and workforce they derive from China or any other country. Laptops that are "made in Taiwan" could still have internal components like CPUs and motherboards produced in China. And you can't really say what has contributed to what whenever a product doesn't tell where it was made. (which most products are imo)

And honestly, I question the worth of boycotting any products made in China or has most of their value resourced from the country. What would they care if you don't buy their products when they have potentially millions of other customers?

For what it's worth, a Chinese person who doesn't want to contribute any money to the U.S economy will similarly find it impossible.

8. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

9. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

10. Scalenex
    Slann

There is an argument that authoritarian governments can react to crises better than free nations because there is no need for a committee meeting or vote to decide what to do.

The problem with the CCP is that since party officials are punished for reporting on bad things, the initial response to a bad event is to try to hide the problem, not to fix the problem.

In China, the party was slow to close the subways for instance.

I certainly wouldn't trust the CCP's official death tally. I trust Germany to accurately report casualties and damages.

EDIT: I wrote my comment only halfway through @Warden , but man it keeps getting worse and more sobering.

They are quick to suppress civilians taking pictures of the damage but are slow to save lives! An utter refusal to implement flood control infrastructure in the first place.

This is how little the CCP values the lives of loyal Han Chinese. Imagine how little they value the lives of their ethnic minorities. Imagine how little they value the lives of strangers or competitors. Winnie the Pooh is no better than Mao who said he was okay with losing a third of the population.

In the minds of the CCP and the PLA, China is at war with the West. We are their enemies. More politicians need to understand that we are in still in the midst of a Cold War with inhuman murderers.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    Warden and WildColonial Boy like this.
  11. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

12. Scalenex
    Slann

They are more clever than that. Their propaganda machine has been dealing with that question for a long time.

Their answer is "Democracy is chaos." They like to talk about the United States and other Western countries, many many problems, and often these are true. Racism, corrupt officials, income inequality, and other problems abound in the West.

I'm not going as far as to the say the CCP was involved in planning the guy in the Viking helmet rushing the capital building or that they had agents fanning the flames of the BLM riots. I don't think they are manipulating events but whenever either the Left or the Right does something stupid, loud, and violent the CCP propaganda outlets well plaster it over everything and amplify the signal.

That said, I'm sure anyone who makes too many suspicious searches on the Chinese internet will end up on a watchlist and have their social credit score dinged.

Warden likes this.
  13. Scalenex
    Slann

Here's something not from a Youtube channel I've used.

Again, these are loyal Han Chinese that are being screwed over.

Every thing in a Chinese person's life from birth to death is monitored by various levels beuaracracy and every single one seems rife with corruption.

Warden likes this.
  14. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

15. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

16. Scalenex
    Slann

The latest weekly main China Uncensored video had a lot of good stuff, but my favorite, is the question of whether to rame the nation the CCP occupies as West Taiwan or Mainland Taiwan.

Liberate West Taiwan sounds better in my opinion.

17. Paradoxical Pacifism
    Skink Chief

Paradoxical Pacifism Well-Known Member

18. Scalenex
    Slann

Turns out both me and Melissa Joan Heart got the CCP virus despite being vaccinated.

My symptoms are pretty mild. I cannot speak for Sabrina's though.

At this point, nothing is changed, I cannot oppose the CCP more than I already do.

19. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

20. Scalenex
    Slann

A close family member suffered a severe trauma and also tested positive for Covid, which is making the hospital stay much more complicated.

The rapes, pandemics, genocide, theft, lies, pollution, forced starvation, murder, cultural vandalism, and general oppression was all an abstract statistic, but now someone I love is suffering personally from the CCP's fallout. While this tragedy is infinitely less severe than say 100,000 people being murdered for their organs, this does affect me personally.

I don't use the word "hate" lightly. Many years ago, I listened to a testimonial from a Holocaust survivor she explained how "hate" is essentially a swear word and a potential gateway to violence. Since then, I usually say "dislike" or "loathe" or "irksome."

I hate the CCP now. The organization must die.

EDIT: In case it needs to be clarified. I am not against the Chinese people. They are as much victims of the CCP as anyone else.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    Nazqua and WildColonial Boy like this.