1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The never-ending battle against woke Hollywood and SJW infused entertainment media [trigger warning]

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by NIGHTBRINGER, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

Wait. Is this the same guy that was in the Mandalorian?

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Yup, that's him. He was a standup comedian first, but has since branched off into other things like acting and podcasting.

3. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

I guess making jokes about "male feminists" is less offensive than jokes about pronouns... so he can stay. Or maybe it's just that this was not during his turn on the Mandalorian? Alas, Gina.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Male feminists, while seen as "allies" are still men and thus on the lowest rung of the leftist intersectional hierarchy, just below cockroaches and termites. Trans on the other hand is the absolute most protected class, which is why they so vehemently went after Dave Chappelle and tried to cancel him (they failed).

Speaking of pronouns...

Surprisingly South Park is one of the few to get away with it (although at the time of its release this was still a parody)...
    South Park gets away with seemingly everything.

5. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I like his comedy. I did not like his cameo on Mandalorian. I cannot take him seriously as an actor.

I will point out that Harvey Weinstein identified as a male feminist. He's not the only male feminist that turned out to be a scumbag.

There are also male feminists who have been falsely accused by cancel mobs as well as male feminists who were accurately accused like Weinstein.

You don't want to be the nearest man when they are looking for a male scalp to collect.

The South Park creators have What is known as F-U money. If they got cancelled today, they could live comfortably off their savings forever.

When you have F-U money, you have the option of walking away from work if you don't like the terms. They have used this threat more than once when asked by the higher ups to water something down, and their producers always back down from their demands because South Park is irreplaceable as a cash cow.

All you have to do to not be cancelled is to be irreplaceable, live frugally so you don't have debt and have lots of savings, don't back down.

Easy huh? I wish I was irreplaceable at work...

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  6. Scalenex
    Slann

I don't think was an intended side effect of woke films, but it seems like it is a tangible side effect. I'm not particularly concerned about these films teaching bad values because not many people like them. We have other ways of teaching bad values to our kids.

7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

8. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I'm (obviously) not a fan of race swaps in movies, tv or video games, but...
    [​IMG]

:D

Scalenex and Lizards of Renown like this.
  9. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Hey look, an Oscar speech without politics... fun!

On the plus side, today's nominees don't have to feel nearly as nervous since there are hardly any viewers watching at all, let alone "one thousand million people".

10. Scalenex
    Slann

I've been watching a lot of videos. I'm not going to post all the video because they are pretty long and meandering. Warner Brothers is merging with Discovery and the new head of the WB is a guy with a very miserly reputation.

It looks like a lot of people are going to get downsized. They are likely to cut some bloat and some woke, but they are also likely to cut some things we like too.

11. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Wokeness fails again!

12. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Well who would have guessed that? :rolleyes:

13. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I think male feminists for the most part fall into one of the following categories:
    • evil/bad men - they did something they shouldn't have and they are using the male feminist angle as cover
    • ultra beta-males - as Burr joked about, these men use it as a last ditch (and ultimately futile) way to try to get women. Or they have a woman but they are pretty much cucks in the relationship.
    • opportunistic men (evil/bad men part II) - men that use it as a political tool. They perpetuate lies and create division as long they gain personally from it
    • deranged men - their brain isn't quite wired right
    • naïve or uniformed men - men who believe that modern day radical third wave feminism is fighting for the same things as proper traditional feminism. They don't recognize that women have already achieved equality and believe nonsense like the "Gender Pay Gap". They lack the context and clarity of the situation, and are striving to win battles that have already been won (and things that most normal men are in full support of). Unlike the rest of the groups I listed, a good number of these guys generally mean well.
    There will of course be exceptions to the rule, but I think most male feminists fall into one or more of the above.

14. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

The actual problem is twofold:

1) People taking valid issues (racism, feminism, etc.) and taking it from one extreme to the other.

When women couldn’t vote, opposing this and ensuring that they had the same human rights as anyone else had was a really worthy cause. Now some (not all) are taking it through to the other extreme where, as in the Batwoman example with Ruby whatever her name is, they are now trying to put women up above men. There is a good middle ground and a lot of feminists are taking up valid issues, but some have gone way beyond this.

2) Degenerate people taking a valid cause and abusing it for personal gain and/or money.

This I think is the major cause of upset/trouble. It’s what causes me to be a little skeptic all when ANOTHER sexual abuse scandal pops up (a bit like what Scalenes was talking about with Amber Heard and Jonny Depp).

-

There is a middle ground for all this and it’s not to hard to reach if you just talk about human rights and actual equality.

15. Scalenex
    Slann

4 minutes 37 seconds of great wisdom.

NIGHTBRINGER and Erta Wanderer like this.
  16. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

i love Tomas. such a good speaker.

17. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Good video and very much on point. Funny that you should post one of his videos just as I was watching another one (not as pertinent to our discussion as yours, but interesting none the less)...

18. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

19. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

The answer to anything problematic. To pretend it doesn't exist.

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  20. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

The internet cannot be stopped. Strike a meme down and it shall become more powerful than they can possibly imagine.