1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The never-ending battle against woke Hollywood and SJW infused entertainment media [trigger warning]

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by NIGHTBRINGER, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

goodness do i hate this. (not the video it's fine) i hate having the gut reaction to any character that they are just there to check a box. it means they all have to work harder to get and keep my respect and they are so bad at it that they could bairly keep my attention even if i wasn't biased due to past mistreatment. i hate noticing that a commercial with 8 characters has no wight men in it. i would have never seen that in the past but they keep beating me over the head with it.
    i think this constant forced inclusion is making the racists that they are so afraid of. not due to people being evil spiteful or malicious but from them being defencive after being attacked for so long.

2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

bcb5d9009ba746162805fbbceeaa57c20ce22af70d679068d848d9a0460c2e3a_1.jpg

3. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I love this damn movie!! Pure anti-wokeness with a healthy serving of "toxic masculinity".

I would love to Thanos snap all these SJWs back into the time of Attila the Hun and simply sit back an watch things sort themselves out.

5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Spoilers...

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  6. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

no surprise there.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

A bit off topic, but I disagree.

Love and hate are opposites in my book. Indifference would sit squarely in between the two.

8. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I don't mean that statement literally, but it is true in my opinion.

I think that to hate someone or something, you have to give some of your attention and energy to the thing of your hatred. Sometimes you have to give a lot of your attention and energy to the object of your hatred. Much like love.

For couples in love, never arguing can be as dangerous as constantly arguing. When your SO stops annoying you with their little idiosyncrasies is when you stop caring.

Another quote is "No one can hate you as intensely as someone who once loved you."

There is some philosophical basis that was echoed in Greek mythology. It was noted that while all the gods lusted after Aphrodite, it was Ares, god of war, who had won her love. In this sense the ancient Greeks were saying hate and love were connected.

In the case of cultural items like stories and movies, it is better to have audiences hate your story rather than to have audiences be bored by your story.

9. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

This part I agree with - take, for example, the differences between the sale of Jar Jar and Rose Star Wars figures. Despite Jar Jar being such a sadly loathed character, the occasional figure of him that's released usually sells well, in part because of the rarity of the occasions in which they are made, but also because so many fans effectively 'love to hate' him. Rose, on the other hand, was the star of the infamous 'peg-warming' debacle of the past two or three years, where scenes of her action figures languishing on shelves ages after they first came out, even the good quality Black Series versions, became a running joke among the Star Wars figure collector community. Indeed the trend could apply to Sequel trilogy figures in general, as there were still figures from the inaugural Farce Awakens line rotting on shelves about four to five years later, thus representing how the Sequels garnered nothing more than indifference after the initial wave of hate. People just got tired of it and ignored it as a pile of garbage.

And that's what we should do with all these dimwit SJWs. As infuriating as they may be, retaliating will only further the illusion (and their delusion) that their arguments are correct, that all white guys are supposedly just aggressive, violent thugs that have oppressed everyone else across history. Instead, by being indifferent we're showing them that their arguments are wrong and that we're not having any of their nonsense. What's more, if more indifferent people avoid paying to support their trashy media, it will crash and burn, as we've already seen many times.

However I disagree here, not arguing with your partner could easily be simply that you love each other so much that you've come to accept and be patient with the other's idiosyncrasies, while large amounts of arguing is always unhealthy (which is why I still maintain the Han-Leia romance is laughable idealistic trash). Love between people works differently to other aspects of life. Contrary to all of this fanfiction generated by films and stories, like attracts like, and on the rare occasions opposites attract, they attack not long afterwards.

10. Scalenex
    Slann

Feel free to take any romantic advice with a grain of salt. Taking romantic advice from me is like taking financial advice from a hobo.

11. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

As they say: "birds of a feather, flock together".

I guess it depends through which lens we're looking at it from. From the vantage point of effort or time invested, I can see your point.

I'm considering it along a completely different axis. In the case of something I love, I want to protect, enjoy and cherish it. In the case of something I hate, I want to see it destroyed, eradicated and eliminated. Finally, if I'm indifferent I don't care either way, I have no desire to see it maintained or destroyed.

12. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

I'm glad to hear for once we agree on something :D

13. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Indeed! I think you hit the bullseye on that one. Positive lasting relationships (romantic, friendship or even societal) are built upon a foundation of commonality.

14. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

15. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Wow... o_O

16. Scalenex
    Slann

I used to like Sarah Silverman. Even recently she spoke out against cancel culture and said the Democrats and the Left lost their way but now she is doing this.

Forget wokeness for a minute. Why would ANYONE greenlight the creators of Sausage Party making a Christmas movie?

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  17. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

My god….

18. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

There is but one solution...

19. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann