1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The never-ending battle against woke Hollywood and SJW infused entertainment media [trigger warning]

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by NIGHTBRINGER, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

2. Scolenex
    Ripperdactil

Scolenex Well-Known Member

Every dark cloud has a silver lining.

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

4. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Mahrlect! I just learned that Seth Rogan is leading the reboots of Darkwing Duck and Rescue Rangers rather than the people who did a very good job with the Ducktales relaunch.

If I didn't know any better I'd say Disney is trying to kill their IPs.

5. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

God.

These two were some of my favourites growing up...

6. Scalenex
    Slann

The Duck Tales reboot teed them up perfectly. All Disney has to is not mess it up.

They will probably fail.

Lizards of Renown likes this.
  7. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

I missed this. I’ll have to check it out.

(obviously Disney is going to do a hack job of DWD and RR)

8. Scalenex
    Slann

There is an website called Disney Now. It is free with ads. But if you have Brave Browser it will block the ads. You can watch season 1 of Ducktales legally, with no ads here.

If you only want the Darkwing set up. Darkwing Duck easter eggs are sprinkled through all of season 1 and 2, but the main pay off if the episode "Let's Get Dangerous" you can watch it legally here on Youtube because Disney wanted positive hype so they put it on Youtube.

Unfortunately, the Rescue Rangers debut was in a season 2 show which isn't widely available without piracy, but this clip is available. It's the speaking debut of Steel Beak too. There is a difference though, in Duck Tales we see a newbie bumbling Steel Beak whereas Darkwing Duck dealt with a more experienced savvy Steel Beak (and he even gets character development during the Ducktales show!)

Once in a while Disney Now will pull season 1 and then put in season 2 or 3 instead. Season 1 is up now as is the season 3 Christmas special (though I liked the season 2 Christmas special better). It's a running gag that Scrooge McDuck hates Santa Claus "He knows what he did!" and in the season 3 special they finally explain it, so you can watch it early and get the spoiler if you want.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
  9. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Awesome! This will be fully checked out over Christmas [LoR shakes hand at the sky] damn you schedule!

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  10. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

it is definitely worth your time

Lizards of Renown and Scalenex like this.
  11. Scalenex
    Slann

George Orwell's 1984 is a warning, not a mahrlect instruction manual.

George Orwell's estate gave approval for a character focused feminist rewrite of 1984 from Julia's point of view.

1984 was about highlighting the dystopia, not about building interesting characters because the very environment takes "interesting" out of them by design. One of the things the government does is rewrite classic literature to be more in line with party thought.

12. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

13. Scalenex
    Slann

Coca Cola is on my list of things I will never buy again. They push a bunch of woke crap about evil white males but they also spent lobbying dollars to try to get Congress to soften language CCP condemning genocide.

That said. Coca Cola is losing much. I don't drink a lot of soda pop, but until recently I did prefer Coca Cola over most of their competitors. So I probably was spending about $10-20 on Coke products though that is mostly at restaurants so I don't Coca Cola itself got more than a dollar or two.

14. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

How large is this list?

15. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

don't know about his but mine is fairly substantial.

16. Scalenex
    Slann

-Anything from mainland China (as much as possible to avoid this)

-Proctor and Gamble

-Coca Cola

-Disney (though I'm bending the rules with my Hulu account since Disney has a 40% share of it).

-Anything with Amber Heard in it.

-Wizards of the Coast (this one was moderately difficult)

But the vast majority of woke companies that annoy me, it doesn't really matter. I cannot boycott something I was never going to buy anyway. I think it's very bad that WB fired Johnny Depp from Fantastic Beasts but I was probably not going to watch it anyway, at least not without a substantial discount. The movie franchise is weak and Depp was the only thing good in it, but he's not enough for me to pay money to see those movies.

I don't buy a whole lot of things. Most of my free time is spent on L-O which is free or on World Anvil which is fairly cheap.

Lizards of Renown likes this.
  17. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I hate her... almost as much as Brie Larson and Kathleen Kennedy.

Disney is continuing to do its thing, this time around they take their aim at Snow White...

18. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

On a related note, as much as i loathe the erase of Depp from the Fantastic Beasts franchise, i find simply amazing the choice to employ Mads Mikkelsen as Grindewald

19. Scalenex
    Slann

Either Nightbringer was going to post this first, or I was.

Seriously? First off if you hate someone, you are letting them live rent free in your head. I'll give you Kennedy. She lied and flattered her way to gain custodianship over someone else's life's work and drove it into the ground. It was illegal like the stuff Amber Heard did and wasn't punished for, but it was amoral.

Second off, Brie Larson didn't really do anything wrong. She didn't write Captain Marvel, she didn't plan Marvel Phase 4. She is just very unpleasant to people around and has an undeserved sense of entitlement. I meet those people all the time! Brie Larsons are a dime a dozen.

20. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I've been told this before, but...

If they are living rent free in my head, the CCP owns your head. Your ill feelings of the CCP, however justified, are far more transformative of your life than my misgivings of Brie or KK.

Brie didn't write Captain Marvel but she was the worst aspect of it. Likewise, she didn't plan phase 4 of the MCU, but she does signify the onset of the MCU's decay. I loved the MCU and I am sad to see it go. I haven't even watched the last two MCU films, whereas before, the Mrs. and I would have a great time going to the theater and watching them all.

In my mind, Brie has come to symbolize everything wrong with Hollywood. Her political ramblings are infuriating, but above all else, the thing that bugs me the most about her is the aura of smugness that she exudes. She has a very punchable face... but I still hate KK more.

In the end we all have two choices. Fight against the all consuming force that is hate (JEDI) or learn to accept and derive strength/joy from it (SITH). I have always been able to derive tremendous satisfaction from hating on something. There is no escape from Chaos, it marks us all!