1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The never-ending battle against woke Hollywood and SJW infused entertainment media [trigger warning]

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by NIGHTBRINGER, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

on a more positive note. what decidedly not woke media is every one working their way threw at the moment? books, shows, games, whatever. daddy needs content

2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  3. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I signed up for a one month free trial of Viacom+ to watch the South Park Post-Covid Special then immediately cancelled my subscription. Worth every penny :)

It is refreshingly un-woke like South Park usually is. They make fun of woke culture among other things.

Of course I am watching Young Justice as it comes out. It's a little progressive but they don't let identity politics get in the way of telling a good story.

I am working on my own non-woke stories, but I write slow because I am easily distract by world building disease, but if you want to read about the fictional world of Scarterra, free free to browse. If I can get over my technological hang ups I am trying to see if I can set up a Scarterran RPG via video conferencing.

4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

[​IMG]

5. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

[​IMG]

6. Scalenex
    Slann

Hollywood's political stance would not bother me so much if they weren't hypocritical about it.

Over and over again it is proven that Hollywood supports strong women, as they long as they shut up and do and say what they are told.

A high profile woman such as Rowling or Gina Corano displays wrongthink once and they are unpersoned.

Killer Angel likes this.
  7. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

couldn't agree more with this.

Scalenex likes this.
  8. Scalenex
    Slann

I pray to the Old Ones, Sotek, the Nine, and the flying Speghetti Monster that I don't have reason to eat my words but there is a media company I respect and that is Sony Pictures.

(hopefully Sony won't produce something with Uiygher slave labor or something similar heinous right after I wrote that).

I am not a fan of Sonic the Hedgehog but I do like that when fans lambasted the hideous animation from a preview, the execs opted to spend time and money to fix the things that bothered the fan base rather than call the fans ists and phobes (though apparently Sony sold the rights to Paramount to finish the movie but the same crew was used).

Sony messed up with Ghostbusters 2016 but they learned from their mistakes and made the fan pleaser that is Ghostbusters Afterlife.

I'm going to see Spiderman Far From Home later today and I hear many good things about it.

At the very least, they seem to recognize when they make a mistake and take corrective action, rather than double down and repeat the same mistake four or five more times in succession.

9. Scalenex
    Slann

[​IMG]

Without mentioning spoilers. Spiderman Far From Home was a great movie that I'm likely to go see in the theaters again.

Ghostbusters Afterlife was a good movie that I glad I saw in the theaters.

Both movies clearly tried to give the fans what they want. What do you know, they surpassed expectations and made a lot of money, without woke messaging or screening in a single Chinese movie theater.

I am cautiously optimistic that this is the Black Swan event to cause Hollywood as a whole to correct their course.

10. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

not a chance in hell, but it is nice to have a few good outliers

11. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Eventually... but Hollywood learns slowly... very slowly. I think we'll have to suffer quite a few more woke years before they are forced to change course.

12. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

This is good news. Am planning to watch them both at some point.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  13. Scalenex
    Slann

Ghostbusters Afterlife is towards the end of it's cinematic run. It's already pushed to the corner theaters in my complex and has limited showings. Spiderman No Way Home is probably going to be in the theaters a very long time.

Lizards of Renown likes this.
  14. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I'm sure this will go well :rolleyes:

15. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

oh lord...

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  16. Scalenex
    Slann

Warner Brothers employees hard at work.

[​IMG]

You can have interesting female action heroines without burying the existing male heroes!

Why is this so hard to understand?

That said I did not like the Ben Affleck Batman, but I guess it wasn't Ben's fault. The writing was bad and out of character for Batman.

Henry Cavil is a very good superman, so good it can shine through bad writing a little bit.

This doesn't completely explain the woke train, but I when you pull on the threads it often leads back to _____ corporations allegations had to deal with sexual harassment and as part of their PR campaign they brought in X, Y, and Z new leaders to improve their image which sort of makes sense, but eventually you get decision makers that have a goal other than making money.

It's very hard to have your cake and eat it too. You can be a profit seeking entity or you can be a political messaging entity.

You cannot really be both unless you live in an authoritarian regime and your political messages are from the regime.

17. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

And he is one of us!

What puzzles me is why haven't the shareholders (whose focus is on profit, and who are ultimately in charge) put an end to these people. Warner Brothers fared worse than any other major studio in 2021...

18. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

On a completely separate note...

They took the well beloved story line and changed two of the main female characters to having a relationship together which is completely unnecessary. The entire book is about STRONG, FEMALE CHARACTERS who are basically RUNNING THE WORLD. Why would you need to change this? Each one of the 14 books are INTERNATIONAL BEST SELLERS ALREADY. The only answer I can come up with myself is just to tick the woke box.

Just make a new TV series. Don't mess with something that (with fans like myself) is just jarring as you change MAJOR elements of the plot line.

19. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

but making something new is haaaaaaard:( and i would feel bad if people hatted some thing i made. much better to just ruin something that is already there.

20. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

They know perfectly well that no one would watch their new show. To get their message out they have to hijack and ruin something that is already successful with a pre-established fan base. It's up to us to repeatedly financially shun them... over and over, each and every time. Eventually the people funding these projects, who have their money on the line, will shut these lunatics down.