1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The never-ending battle against woke Hollywood and SJW infused entertainment media [trigger warning]

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by NIGHTBRINGER, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I saw an interesting commentary of a guy who really liked Furiosa.

He said if Hollywood hadn't kill their goodwill with all the DEI girl bosses. Furiosa is a good character who happens to be female. She is a not a Mary Sue or Cringy character.

Furiosa should be a action heroine everyone could get behind like Ripley or Sarah Conner. But no one saw the movie because no one trusts Hollywood to make good movies or good characters.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  2. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

My problem with this movie is not the Furiosa character. In Fury Road i really appreciated her, strong but also fragile, with quirks and not infallible.

My problem is that is not Mad Max.
    I like that anti-hero character, that finds itself reluctantly involved in other people's affair and problems.
    The setting is a nice and vivid background but nothing too much interesting or complicated that can be developed in a meaningful way outside its main character (as it was for House of Dragons).
    So, even if the movie is a nice piece of action, with no Mad Max i'm very little interested in it. I'll take a look when it will be available on some platform.

3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

4. Scalenex
    Slann

A sign of progress in the culture war. Executives haven't seen the writing on the wall, but some actresses have.

5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

6. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

It's been enjoyable watching the Drinker vent his fury upon the latest Star Wars-flavoured mess to come from Disney+:

I feel partly guilty for using such great characters as Master Thundering Rhino and particularly Lord Shen to depict two of the modern world's vilest corporate villains, but to make use of the original and superior form of this meme, I will do what I must:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2024
    Scalenex likes this.
  7. Scalenex
    Slann